HIDEvolution - Clevo lost my CPU - how else to proceed?

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by jcadduono, Oct 25, 2017.

1. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Knowing HIDEvolution, they will probably swap out his 6700k for the 7700k, to fix Clevo's stupid mistake.

EDIT - I need to read the whole thread before posting next time. Thats exactly what they are doing lol.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Papusan and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Actually, he had a 7700K to begin with and when it came back from Clevo they had kept his CPU and put in a 6700K with a Clevo part number sticker on it. HIDevolution had nothing to do with the mistake. It was the Clevo repair depot that messed up and refused to acknowledge they had made a terrible mistake.

Ultra Male likes this.
  3. jcadduono

jcadduono Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    yeah only problem right now is i can pay $15 to send 6700k back in 15 business days or $35 for 4 business days, then 1 business day for processing at hidevolution, then i have to wait ~8 business days for fedex ground back to canada so 2 weeks without a computer if i spend $35, 3.5 weeks if i spend $15
    i really hope they allow me to put down a deposit and ship as soon as i receive... :(

btw regarding ebay as an option, they are up for sale for 270 but people only buy them at 230-240 and ebay takes 10% of your money when it sells so ~210 is what you get, and microcenter doesn't exist up here and they do not do online sales, so i'd be paying $325+13% tax for a new one if i took that route, putting me out over $150 in losses

4. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Yeap, didnt realize they already are working to fix Clevo's mis handling.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    It's really unfortunate that you would have to pay a single red cent or be without your laptop for even one day when Clevo is to blame for the incompetence in handling of your repair. Mistakes can happen. We're all human. We all make mistakes. We should forgive and move on, or bitterness and resentment will cause us more harm than the underlying problem. However, when a company like Clevo makes a mistake and then refuses to do the right thing and expect the end user to foot the cost and inconvenience resulting from their incompetence, that paints a pretty clear picture of who they are and how they roll.

Ask @Trafficante how many P570WM motherboards he had to pay for out of his own pocket under warranty because they arbitrarily decided he had done something to cause them fail. If I remember correctly, they even made him pay for a CPU and blamed him for damaging it when he had never taken the bottom cover off of a brand new system to repaste. It was damaged by Clevo during the repair, but he had to pay for it, because "There's no way it could have been Clevo's mistake." (I hope I am remembering that right. It was a few years ago, but I remember being livid about the way they were screwing him over.) I think the first one Clevo shafted him on came from LPC Digital and the second one he got screwed over on the motherboard might have been from Prostar, but in both situations I believe the problem was Clevo, not the vendor that sold the systems to him. If I remember correctly, neither vendor was able to influence the Clevo repair center or get them honor the warranty or admit that it was their fault.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  6. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Let me see if I can clarify some things.

HIDevolution is in the middle of two parties, each claiming emphatically different positions. While we are not Solomon, jcadduono is our customer, and Clevo is our manufacturer. Clevo says they keep very tight inventory, and a rigid procedure for work on the bench, and they do, and they claim there is no way they could have mistakenly put a different CPU into jcadduono's laptop. jcadduono presents a very appealing case, including a receipt for the purchase of an Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, along with pictures of the box, and claims that was the CPU he sent in.

How is HIDevolution to know which is true? How do any of you know which is true?

Given that one of these two parties is mistaken, HIDevolution is left with the difficult situation of not knowing which is correct, and which is mistaken.

I asked jcadduono earlier to be patient while we did some fact finding, and that we would work something out.

To that end, HIDevolution will take a deposit from jcadduono for the Intel® Core™ i7-7700K and mail one to him out our expense, as a warranty replacement so that there will be little or no tax due when going into Canada. We will also send him a Priority Mail label so that he can return the used Intel® Core™ i7-6700K to us. Once received, as long as it is in proper working order with no damage, we will return the deposit.

@jcadduono, please work with our staff member who has been helping you with this issue to finalize these arrangements.

ole!!!, XMG, Mr. Fox and 2 others like this.
  7. jcadduono

jcadduono Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That is exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you @Donald@HIDevolution !!!

also I should mention it wasn't kapton tape that was on my wifi module, it was hockey tape, lol, odd choice for manufacturer, left residue all over the module, antenna connectors, and pcb. definitely replacing it with kapton later.

my stupid backup killer 1535 just died while downloading overnight (bluetooth still works, atheros pcie interface totally gone), these M.2 wifi modules are awful, ordered another 8265 from china for now, I hope they improve quality on next generation chips!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  8. jcadduono

jcadduono Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    does anyone know how to check if a GPU is G-Sync supported or not, like a digit in serial number, I'm having trouble getting G-Sync to show up in nVidia Control Panel since the GPU swap performed at Clevo factory.

VBIOS is 86.04.56.00.2D on both GTX 1080s.

9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    You can tell by the hardware ID showing in GPU-Z or Device Manager. A GTX 1080 with G-Sync is 1BE0.

upload_2017-10-29_23-31-47.png

10. jcadduono

jcadduono Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Which is which?

Mr. Fox likes this.