HIDEvolution 9th Gen Razer Blade 15 RTX 2080 Fujipoly Thermal Pads and Re-paste... So far so good.

Discussion in 'Razer' started by vahdyx, May 9, 2019.

1. Evertbie

Evertbie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Warranty transfer will also take up some time with dell itself. For my past refurbished AW17 R4 it took more than two weeks after I have raised the request...ask HID if the request has been raised first.

2. vahdyx

vahdyx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would like to add that they "forgot" about my refund and when I called them they put me on hold for 20 mins then told me they'd call me back in an hour. Never received that call but did get an email saying they're processing it that day.

I just think they're a "new products must go out" but "avoid returns if any kind" type of shop.

When they warranty a product for life they essentially lose money and there's no incentive for them to do that. I don't know how many repeat customers they get but I would think that would be their goal.

But I make laptop purchases regularly and I could have been that guy for them but I'll stick with big box retailers.

Literally I had $8,300 against my savings account for three laptop at one point. Lost $300 for my restock fee at HID ($3300) and my Razer Blade Pro failed on me from Razer ($2500) so I went NewEgg and got an Asus GX502 ($2500). Once my Razer is refunded then I'll kind of recoup.

I'm not rich but I save. This just happen to come from my desire to get a Tesla. So repurposing of funds when I decided to not get a Tesla.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

3. bimmerboii

bimmerboii Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Damn really bad luck on Razer Blades.. I think I saw your post over at Reddit when your new RBP crapped out. Was deciding between the refreshed GX501 and the RB15. Almost went with the Asus but the ROG branding and very short battery life put me off. Good luck with the Asus.

Agree, dont have to be rich to buy something nice, just have some sense in spending then you can buy anything. Tesla owner here btw, any questions just shoot me a dm ;p

4. vahdyx

vahdyx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The Asus ROG GX502 seems very similar to the RBP for battery, probably still in favor of the RBP, but not so far off it's a deal breaker, at least for me. But what is potentially a deal breaker is the fan noise. This thing screams and not in a good way. It's at least 60 to 70 decibels. It's easily the loudest laptop I've ever owned. When doing day to day stuff, it's fine, but gaming or number crunching stuff it's out of control. Almost embarrassing. I work from home, but meet in the office to collaborate at times or travel and I'm genuinely concerned it's gonna be a head turner when I'm doing stuff haha. Not sure I like that about it.

***Edit***

It's too loud, it went back and I ended up buying the MW RB15 2070 from Best Buy.

Nice, I'll definitely have to keep you in mind when/if I get one.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  5. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Personally I do not believe in resellers, I try to buy the machine I want at the lowest possible price from either the manufacturer directly, or a brick and mortar store where I can take the laptop back immediately with no restocking fee if something goes wrong. Manage thermals yourself, it is nerve-wracking the first time around but you'll save yourself money and know you did the proper job. I was debating getting a RBP with gtx 2080 inside and give it the liquid ultra treatment.

rinneh likes this.
  6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Same, even though it can be great for people with no experience. It is hard to evaluate if the job is done well and I rather buy from a larger shop for less risk when it comes to returning an item or warranty support.

Darkhan likes this.