Here's a better idea for Kia

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by inperfectdarkness, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Wait, if we're talking about a daily driver, why in the world do you need 350HP, let alone 600?

I mean, I have 153HP in my car driving in a city with plenty of hills and high speed traffic. Absolutely no issues whatsoever getting around, and it has the added bonus of not immediately crashing me if I floor it (like a Mustang driver ;) ). And it's just as smooth doing 90mph on the Interstate too.

2. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:

I was even disappointed with the lower end one TBH, the steering was wonky compared to other cars in the same range.

3. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Neither does the Ka.

I mean, you're complaining that the US car market doesn't offer the sort of cars you want, but neither does the European car market, because no matter what car I point out, you come up with a new reason to dislike it that wasn't previously part of your criteria.

As of right now, you want an A-segment car (a sub-subcompact car) with AWD, a 350hp-from-the-factory engine that can easily be tuned to 650hp, which is comfortable for daily driving in that state of tune, has premium interior materials, and is budget-priced. Does that cover it?

That car doesn't exist in ANY market. Your problem is not that the US market specifically isn't catered to your needs; your problem is that you want a car that doesn't exist anywhere and is impossible to build while meeting all of your criteria.

saturnotaku and Jarhead like this.
  4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Let's not forget, a 350-horsepower V6 engine. ROFL

The only small car I know of that used a V6 of any kind was the Mazda MX-3 from the early 90s. Even then, it displaced just 1.8 liters and produced a whole 130 horsepower.

5. inperfectdarkness

inperfectdarkness Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'd settle for an AWD turbo mustang/vette...but THAT ain't happening. And idk what you call a VR6, but VW has been using that for eons--so it's not like 6's haven't been used in small cars. Additionally, the 3.5 ecoboost made 365hp in the SHO...so asking for 350 isn't impractical at all. Hell, back in 1994, the VR4 came with a twin-turbo 3.0L that was rated at 320hp. Hilarious to think that 20+ years later we couldn't hit the same ballpark of power with another half-liter of displacement. It's a crying shame that there's so many fugly RWD sports coupes in the USA...but very, very few AWD sport coupes--and most of those are out of the average budget (eg. R35)

I mention the focus, because the only other practical platform that FORD specifically has to make an AWD sports car on...is the Taurus--and it's far too ungainly for any coupe body.

Moreover, if I'm settling for FWD (again, not my ideal choice)...then as I mentioned, I'd prefer the weight/size of the Ka to the Fiesta. Just a look at the curb weights tells you that.

P.S.
    The US market is never getting a Scirocco, let alone an AWD one (even though VW could easily do it...if it wanted to)--so that's right out.

6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Have you considered the possibility that the mass market has enough HP as it is, and might be focusing instead on MPG and other characteristics for the past decade or so?

I mean, speaking of practical, something like my car (as an example) has enough power to be a commuter and can easily do ~30mpg city and ~50mpg highway. I don't see a Taurus SHO doing that (EPA 16/24) or other performance cars managing that.

To put it in notebook terms, it seems you're asking either for a decent Clevo or a decent MBA.

7. inperfectdarkness

Reputations:
    Well that doesn't explain SRT8, hellcats, etc.

8. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    You're forgetting about the VW VR6--but that's a narrow-angle V6 that's more like a straight six than a V6 for packaging purposes. Just because the VR6 can fit into a Golf or Audi TT doesn't mean Ford's twin-turbo V6 (from the F-150 Raptor and Fusion Sport and Taurus SHO) could fit under a Focus' hood. Not to mention under the hood of a Ford Ka!

9. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Those are awful commuter cars, have higher curb weights, and use V8s. And they're bigger than the Ford Ka ;)

---------

Honestly, I'm pretty confused about your complaints for the past two or three pages.

Mitlov likes this.
  10. inperfectdarkness

Reputations:
    And they're also awful AWD.^

How in holy hell is an I6 "easier to package" than V6? I6 needs even more space than a V8 in most cases.

(And no, I never said the Ka should come with a V6. No FWD only car should ever need more than 4 cylinders).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.