Help with 8770w Dreamcolor calibration.

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by ninza, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninza

ninza Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok i am stuck in a dead-end. I contacted HP by phone, and they say can't help me, because the serial number i provide is invalid. Maybe there was a previous repair and the serial was not programmed in the machine, or something. And there is no sticker with the serial on the notebook. And i can't get in chat with HP without providing the serial... Any ideas guys?

2. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    I could've missed it but I don't see you mention where you got you DCS/DCCS? Try to contact them/the place you got it.

3. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    Sound like you got a awesome factory calibration..

If it is writing on the chromactiy text, it should be working?

If you want to check if it is working, I would try argyllcms with dipcalgui( DCS should work with argyll? definitely wont work with i1 profiler last I heard) to verify your calibration/profile.

4. ninza

ninza Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @ triturbo #12

8770w was bought second hand from another's forum user, i messaged him yesterday (mostly about the serial number issue) and waiting reply. DCCS was bought new from a store, i see no point contact them, as the probe works and generates icc profiles.. i guess they will pingpong me to HP anyway.

@baii #13

Thanks for the info about argyllcms and dispcalgui, it certainly looks very attractive for perfecting the icc profile of my external display. I even tried the ArgyllPRO ColorMeterDemo for my android phone, and it works just fine with my OEM i1d3 probe included in the DCCS.
    The problem is that the DCCS works ok for generating icc profiles, but (i think) i don't really need an icc profile for my dreamcolor display, as it should store the calibration in the displays hardware memory (selectable from MDA), and it doesn't...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  5. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    There are options to verify the calibration and profile(even the one created from DCCS).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.