Help needed for making my ViDock work with my internal laptop screen

Discussion in 'e-GPU (External Graphics) Discussion' started by marti_a_n, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Thank you, but it's not necessary. Good luck!

2. chortya

chortya Newbie

Reputations:
    I can use internal display with the latest desktop Nvidia driver without modifications with ViDock4 and GTX560ti on Lenovo x220. Driver version 302.82. Make sure to select Nvidia GPU as primary in Geforce settings. I assume the main difference between our laptops is that yours has dGPU which needs to be disabled...

3. EpicBlob

EpicBlob Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just make sure the intelhd graphics is enabled. In display adapter, your egpu and intel hd should be the only cards enabled and working. My Vidock has been working fine but I didn't have to worry about the dgpu problem. You should then be able choose the internal monitor only under change screen resolution.

4. marti_a_n

marti_a_n Newbie

Reputations:
    Ill try that driver today :) and yup I've selected the nVidia as primary in the control panel and the dgpu is disabled from BIOS, so thats not the case but thanks anyway :)

5. marti_a_n

marti_a_n Newbie

Reputations:
    Only those two I can see in the device manager, I think that my problem is in the "screen resolution" section, I cannot seem to be able to change to internal screen, something is wrong...

6. marti_a_n

marti_a_n Newbie

Reputations:
    UPSSSS I made it work :-D
    Sorry for not making ur wish come true and return the ViDock, which is EXCELLENT product.
    Keep up the good work :-*

7. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Glad you made it to work. I had no wishes for you to return the ViDock other than present that as an option if Villagetronic and/or the ViDock facebook support page can't solve your problem. Your result validating one reason why I consider it a poor product: poor vendor product support amongst the other issues - inflexible power design, overpriced for what is basic electronics and a small user support base.

Still, I can understand why some would pay higher amounts of money for the convenience of a enclosure-based product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.