help me to find a good laptop for my usage

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by asal lotfi, Nov 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asal lotfi

asal lotfi Newbie

Reputations:
    hello everyone
    i'm a software developer, already own a 2016 MBP MLH42
    i'm about to change my device. i don't like apple anymore and ofc the terrible MacOS that they proud of it.. pffff
    i'm looking for a nice looking laptop with strong enough internals for advanced development use
    do i like 13-14" laptops? ofc i do! i'm tired of 15" display
    budget? around $1000 (lower is better :) )
    fav OS win,mac,lin? ofc LINUX but it's ok if the devices doesn't have linux installed. i'll do that myself
    my primary tasks? Software development/ a bit of light gaming( get used to play cs.16 :) )
    what about the CPU? i really like AMD ones much more that intel ones. personal reasons..
    how much RAM do i need? at least 8GB (DDR3/DDR4)
    how much space do i need? at least 250 GB(SSD only)
    touchscreen? not a thing for me. but i'll be good with it if i like the unit
    2n1 devices? not a bad idea :)
    keyboard? keyboard is one of the MOST IMPORTANT things about my device. i do like my MBP keyboard but i would love it if it has more key-travel

most important things: Thinness and Lightweight / Display resolution / powerful CPU / lovely keyboard / SSD / all metal body finish

note: i already checked asus zenbookpro-3 series / dell XPS 13/15 and matebook X / HP Spectre X360 and ..
    please tell me about the devices that are not very common in the internet coz i've already checked all of them all.
    thanks.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  2. asal lotfi

asal lotfi Newbie

Reputations:
    just saw a pic on the internet that robbed my heart!
    anyone knows this laptop's model?
    [​IMG]

3. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hi,

The laptop in that picture is a Thinkpad.
    I think for your budget you could get yourself a nice business grade machine, with excellent build quality and better reliability than a MacBook. I highly recommend the Lenovo Thinkpad T series, Dell Latitude 5000 series and above and HP Elitebook.

I did a search here for a laptop that should match your criteria: noteb search.
    You can see and change the search parameters using the "Refine results" button in the upper-left part of the search results page. You can also click on the laptops for more information.

So if I was to give a quick recommendation consider the Lenovo Thinkpad A485 and the HP Elitebook 745 G5, both excellent laptops for your needs, that should last 3+ years at least and with AMD Ryzen processors. The Thinkpad keyboard is largely consider to be among the best in the world, though I think keyboard quality is a subjective thing.

asal lotfi likes this.
  4. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    That's not a ThinkPad, it's a Dell Latitude. Not sure the model, but it's from within the past ~3 years. Possibly a Latitude 14 7000 series. The Latitude 14 7490 is the newest of those.

That said, I agree that a business-class machine is going to have better build quality and will last longer under most situations.

Charles

ALLurGroceries and Spartan like this.
  5. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The ThinkPad T480s is lighter than the 7490 and offers a better keyboard/stick. If you don't mind the slightly thicker(though this usually makes for a better keyboard) and heavier T480, there's some nice Cyber Monday deals on Lenovo.com for the T480. There's a T480 with quad core, 8GB of memory, 512GB NVME SSD and FHD IPS screen for $700, which seems like a good price.

Spartan likes this.
  6. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Sorry, got fooled by the keyboard:
    Latitude: [​IMG]
    Thinkpad: [​IMG]

Spartan likes this.
  7. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Yeah - I only caught it because I saw the Home and End keys were doubled up with the arrow keys, which is something Lenovo doesn't do on ThinkPads.

Charles

ALLurGroceries and Spartan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.