Help me pick some new tires

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by jooooeee, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jooooeee

jooooeee Stealth in disguise

Reputations:
    I need some new tires and have found myself torn between a couple, hopefully you guys can help me make a decision.

First off they are going on my 96 Toyota T-100 4x4, they will be on road 90% of the time, but will see some off road trail nothing too extreme though, also I do get snow were I live and would like something that will be decent on snow and ice.

These are what I'm looking at right now

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac- They sound great and have excellent reviews overall but I am hesitant due to several reviews describing weaving at highway speeds supposedly caused by week sidewalls.

BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO- #1 on my list atm, I've had these tires before and liked them but the DuraTracs apparently preform better on snow and ice

Michelin LTX A/T 2- these seem to be the best on road, but the worst off and only ok in the snow

So any opinions or experiences, are welcome and appreciated.

2. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    I have had the BFG ATs and they were good, but for the price you can get better tires. The duratracs are what I originally wanted for my jeep, but my budget got cut a bit mid build so I went with some General Grabber AT2s and I couldnt be happier. They are what the BFG ATs should have been (still no snow or ice with them yet) but they are rated similar if not slightly better and they are priced VERY well.

So if you have the money and wheel a bit the duratracs are the best for inclement weather and offroad, but the grabber at2 are almost as good and I have had them in some iffy situations and they worked great.

3. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I'd go with the michelins. I put michelins on all my vehicles now, they last longer, pick up less nails(big deal for me as I work construction), and have great ride. I never have any issues with the weather but I don't get to much snow around here.

4. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:
    + 1 for Michelins. I've been using nothing but them for well over 20 years, on a variety of vehicles.

Have them on my Explorer (LTX M/S) as well, and while we do get a LOT of snow, they are great. That being said, I don't go off-roading.

Happy shopping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.