1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

[Help] GTX 285m sli drivers...

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by mala31, Jul 12, 2012.

1. mala31

mala31 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I have a problem with my notebook :

I know there is actually no official support for my graphic card, but i know there is some modded inf in order to force the installation of newer drivers. (i have actually the lastest official dell driver)

Where can i find lastest drivers with modified inf ? i've found in laptopvideo2go a driver 302.59 with modified inf (GTX 285m is in the list) and i can't install it manually.

I'm sorry if there is already a thread but i've found nothing with the search, and finally i'm sorry for my english cause i'm a little french and i don't love google trad...

Thanks

2. GabeZ

GabeZ Information Technology

Reputations:
    Some people have found success in using the inf file from a driver that will install and using it for you modified driver.

Good Luck,
    Gabe

3. SlateJones

SlateJones Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  4. mala31

mala31 Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh, thanks for the link, i'll try tommorow =)

5. mala31

mala31 Newbie

Reputations:
    It works great, no more bsod but always very high temp. (about 95°C ingame)

6. SlateJones

SlateJones Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    mala, if you havent cleaned out your laptop in a while, give the vents and fans a good cleaning. That will help. But I will tell you that I also get higher temps with these drivers. With the 290 series drivers my temps would get up around 75-79 and as soon as i installed the 300 series my temps now can get as high as 95.. So it is semi normal with these drivers, I dont like the higher temps, and I have a u3 note cooler. Its either these drivers overvolt the cards slightly or the temps are being mis-read by the card with this driver. But I havent had any problems with them other than the temps.