Help finding good battery for Precision M4600/M4700/M4800.

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by powerslave12r, May 2, 2020.

1. powerslave12r

powerslave12r Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hello folks, after searching around and even ordering what was listed as an original replacement I'm realizing finding a good battery for these machines is getting really hard.

The one I bought was from an authorized seller, but it was black externally, not the body-colored satin finish as the original battery.

I see a lot of claims on ebay that they have OEM batteries but none of them seem/look original.

I'm curious if any of you have recently successfully purchased a battery for these machines? (I group them together since I presume they are interchangeable).

If not, what are you planning to do with the laptop once the battery goes out?

Thank you!

2. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  3. powerslave12r

powerslave12r Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That indeed looks like the right part, I don't recall why I didn't pick that the last go around. I think it may have been availability at the time, or perhaps because the stickering is grey instead of blue.

Thank you for bringing it up again.

Curious, are M4600/M4700/M4800 planning to purchase this from Dell when the time comes as well?