[HELP]Dead Alienware 17 (2013) by EVGA Percision X GPU Tool[REQUEST]

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by capo245, May 6, 2018.

1. capo245

capo245 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok thanks i will try to get it cheap.

2. capo245

Reputations:
    It WORKED!!! THE ALIENWARE BEEPS AGAIN!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Thanks a lot for all the advice and help that brought me that far.
    Now i would like to ask for help about the EDID Problem.
    As i understand from this Thread http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...levo-lcd-panels.779449/page-158#post-10090770 i need an HDMI Monitor/Device.
    Then the EDID for my Laptop monitor and Linux(i have mint 18 on usb).
    I have the 1600x900 60hz panel but i cant find the manufacturer+ model name on the cabel which i need to donwload the right EDID. And the rebrick that Mr Fox mentions only happends with the evga bricked drivers so i should clean install windows again or?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  3. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Yes, or a working panel; boot and hot-swap with the bricked panel and you're good to flash. This is tricky though; pins are 'hot' and quite close together (0.5mm), so it's possible to short some of them and kill the panel.
    Yes. Made a bootable image that has all the tools pre-installed plus a whole bunch of known affected edids. You can pull the correct edid from there.

The cable won't have the panel nr., but you might look at the sticker on the back of the panel. However, you might better check the edid dump first (step 09 in the instructions above; 'sudo i2cdump -r 0-127 6 0x50 > EDID/edidexport.txt'). We don't yet know whether it is in fact corrupted and that .txt would be definitive proof. If so then flashing a good edid will fix your system, but if not then you'll have to explore alternative options.
    If you have Precision X installed then simply do a safe boot and remove or rename its folder. Could also hook up the drive via usb to a different system and do the rename/delete from there.

4. capo245

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot, i grabbed the bootable image. I put the laptop complet together and now the strange thing is that it doesnt beep it starts(lights turn on) then fans turn on and after a time (as long as a normal post) the maschine shutsdown. So i booted with the
    cmos reset(fn+power) and it beeped 5x times as it should, then rebootet went back on and does the same as before. I couldnt find anything about this error on the forum(only some fn+f7 pressed equals brick on ati cards on older models). I will try to get an hdmi device and boot without gfx card.
    EDIT>
    When i left the system unplugged and restart it, it will beep 5 times, so something with the cmos
    doesnt seem working. I will try to fix this with a paperclip(my guess is something brock off at the repair attempt off the engenners).

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  5. capo245

Reputations:
    I solved the problem, by buying a clevo. I got it booting with no beeps, and it still didnt get a signal from hdmi. At the mods can you please close the thread?

6. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    To be sure, you bought a clevo card and then it worked again?

7. capo245

Reputations:
    No. i fixed the battery problem with tinfoil and tape then it passed post, windows sound came on. Even with fn cmos reset hdmi out key and plugin in hdmi and starting didnt solve this. And the maschine would always lose power. And now i got a really nice eurocom so i threw the alienware in the trash, which solved the problem ^^ .