HELP C0000135 %hs is missing

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by fi3re, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megadr

megadr Newbie

Reputations:
    hmmm sda2 is completely empty for me. I loads the graphic and then just goes straight back to the login screen.

It seems like its detecting my hard drive..
    Is it possible to explain how I make sure it is?
    thanks

I did a little bit of investigating and under /mnt not /mnt/opt
    there is.../opt
    clicking /opt gives you
    /..
    /avg
    /bin
    /lib

Is that avg useful?

2. cmasupra

cmasupra Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If it is able to fully load Windows and only fails at the login screen, I don't think you're having the same problem as described in this thread. Do you mean that it shows it is loading Windows and then restarts itself?

If anything Windows-related shows on the screen, your hard drive is definitely detected.

3. megadr

megadr Newbie

Reputations:
    so I think either avg or this hp security upgrade was the culprit.
    It asks me to log into windows... which I do. It shows the windows animation then goes blank for a moment while the blue screen with the c00 error flashes (for a split second I had to take a picture of my screen to read it)then asks me to log in again...(infinite loop).
    I've checked just about everything in mnt multiple times..
    Any idea if the avg in /opt would help?

I've also run the following tests through hp advanced system diagnostics
    TuneUp: Passed
    Start-Up: Passed
    Hard Disk: Passed

This is the kind of stuff that makes you want to throw it all out and build a log cabin somewhere in the woods!

4. megadr

megadr Newbie

Reputations:
    so I think this is going to be resolved. I just got off the phone with hp. They are sending me a new windows 7 install cd and sent me a link with some info...

Haven't read through it yet but here it is just incase anyone else with this problem stumbles here the way I did.
    How to Fix Microsoft Error Code Stop:c0000135 User32 | eHow.com

5. Genechaos

Genechaos Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey i went through all these steps and renamed the avg file to garbage and poop and it still wont work. I tired doing what avg said and renaming the /mnt/sda1/program files (x86)/avg/avg10/avgrsa.exe
    /mnt/sda1/program files (x86)/avg/avg10/avgchsva.exe
    but those could not be found and i dont know how i can fix this.

Can someone please help me

6. badazz08835

badazz08835 Newbie

Reputations:
    i signed up just to reply since i got same problem today after i tried to restart. But heres the thing, i am not currently using AVG so for all you people that think the "c0000135 %hs is missing" problem is from AVG your wrong. Maybe some of you. I read so many posts on my pad to see some kind of solution but "windows restore" "delete avg files" "load drivers" "last known config" etc etc etc none of those solutions worked for me. So what i tried is 1)load win7 disk 2)restart from dvd 3)Select Repair 4)Select Command Prompt 5) type in bootsect.exe /nt60 c: then restart. My pc restarted and im typing to you now. May not fix everyone's problem,BUT if you tried all the other google solutions and didnt work maybe this will help one person. Good Luck.

7. badazz08835

badazz08835 Newbie

Reputations:
  8. mcfee

mcfee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ive just had this happen with AVAST Anti virus. Have tried Lexington Computers (there was no error in the reg) and the AvG boot CD to rename the Avast folder.

As another site recommended, I performed a scan. A fix txt file needs to be created to fix my problem

Results here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/moofv6

Please help

PROGRESS UPDATE:

I browsed to my System32 folder, found winsrv.dll copied and renamed it consrv.dll and the PC now boots to the windows welcome screen (safemode only). Once I enter the password, a new bsod prevails (STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error)...

9. Baserk

Baserk Notebook user

Reputations:
    You could try to repair your OS using your OS CD/DVD before going for a reinstall.
    What OS and service pack do you use? Any of this info useful to you?; link, link
    Keep in mind that a reinstall (when you have your data backed up properly) is usually much faster than searching for solutions and applying 'fix-it' options scattered all over the web/fora and/or deep scanning with several AV/AM programs.
    If you do a reinstall, make sure to use a full format instead of a quick format before actually reinstalling the OS, so your MBR will be cleared/rewritten also.

10. Nitroused383

Nitroused383 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you very much for this post! I had ms secuirty essentials find a trojan and I clicked to remove it. After that my computer shut down and would not restart at all, kept getting the non page fault error and a stop code. My computer wouldn't even start up in safe mode. I did what you wrote but I didn't use a cd I just went into the command prompt screen. It has now started back up and I hope I can get rid of this trojan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.