Help before promo end - MSI GE75-023 vs ASUS GL704GW

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by davaid, Apr 22, 2019.

1. davaid

davaid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I really need your advise on this, I am only considering the above laptops.

General Questions

1) What is your budget?

2700 shipped to my country Bahrain or less.

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen thin and light.
    3) Which country will you buying this notebook?

Bahrain.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    a. Like:ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte
    b. Dislike: Dell, Acer, Alienware
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? No

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Games, movies, work, home photos and files.

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Most of the time on my desk but will take it on the couch to play.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? (If so, please state which games or types of games?) AAA games, simulation

9) How many hours of battery life do you need? More than 4 for normal browsing and movies watching.

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? It’s ok without seeing it, as I saw the ASUS model and didn’t really like the camel look and white buttons of wasd

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows.

Screen Specifics

12) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?Full HD 144 refresh rate IPS.

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? matte

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? Yes but not too much of a gaming look but also not dust magnet.

Notebook Components

15) How much hard drive space do you need? Maximum.

Timing, Warranty and Longevity

16) When are you buying this laptop? Today.

17) How long do you expect to use this laptop? 4 years

18) How long could you afford to do without your laptop if it were to fail? Week.

19) Would you be willing to pay significantly extra for on-site warranty, or would it be acceptable to you to have to ship the laptop to the vendor for repair with perhaps a week or more outage? No

This thing is in my country there is an ASUS service center, it cost to me cheaper than the MSI by 400$ having me of course upgrading the ASUS to 32 gb ram and 1tb ssd

MSI We don’t have a nearby service center so in case of claims I will see hell of troubles, but I had two Msi laptops before last was GT63 7RE with 1070 whips I sold, and had no issues with them.

I like Msi look and value for having Rtx 2080 and bigger HDD.

The ge75-023 is being on sale on Amazon for 2708$ shipped to my country and the ASUS 2320$ shipped with upgraded to 32gb ram and 1tb ssd and 1tb hdd.

What is your advise? I care about warranty but don’t really want or ran into issues with previous Msi laptop

Here the links to the laptops on Amazon:
    MSI GE75 Raider-023 17.3" Ultra Thin Bezel Gaming Laptop NVIDIA RTX 2080 8G, 144Hz 3ms, Intel i7-8750H (6 cores), 32GB, 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD, Per Key RGB, Win 10, Aluminum Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MM2TSFB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_npDVCb0D3HEH2

ASUS ROG Strix Scar II Gaming Laptop, 17.3” 144Hz IPS-Type Full HD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB, Intel Core i7-8750H Processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB FireCuda SSHD, RGB KB, Windows 10 - GL704GW-PS71 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N6PSF11/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_wCEVCb92P39PQ

2. davaid

davaid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No one!!!!!!