Hello AAL(Amd Advantage Laptops)!

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Ed. Yang, Jun 1, 2021.

1. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Yeah no power delivery on either of the USB-C ports. I checked with a 96W Apple USB-C charger. That being said the 240 power brick is about the same size as two of the Apple chargers side by side. Certainly much smaller than the 300W Lenovo charger.

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The first all-AMD Legion 5 has been benchmarked in games:

Performance is looking good so far. The MUX really seems to help here as at worst it's comparable to the RTX 3060 in non-ray tracing or DLSS scenarios. At best, it can run with MUX-less RX 6700M and in some cases even the 6800M.

Lenovo appears to have some limited stock available of this model with 32 GB of RAM, a 1 TB SSD, and Windows 10 Pro(!) for $1,386+tax after using the coupon code "GAMINGEXTRA10." Note that the usual code "EXTRAFIVE" cannot be used in tandem. Plus you can get an extra 6% cash back from Rakuten. I decided to give it a shot. Hopefully the fan noise and thermals will be better managed than the last non-Pro Legion 5 I tried.

Legion 5 Gen 6 AMD (15") - Phantom Blue | Lenovo US