hd graphics major performance boost trick

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by JRE84, Sep 9, 2018.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ram speed makes very little difference. dual channel ram can have a significant impact on performance, so yes ram does play a role. but once youv'e got your 5 percent bump nothing but lowering clock speeds on certain laptops will bring up performance by 25 percent

2. JRE84

Reputations:
    Just curious about the proof of many others doing this on youtube or the internet. I still can't find anything. perhaps you could lead me in the right direction because if I find further tweaks farcry 3 might be playable on intel hd 4400.

edit im currently getting an average of 30fps on all low 1366x768. but dips into the teens

3. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Memory bandwidth makes a huge difference on iGPU performance.

4. JRE84

Reputations:
    I can agree with that statement to a degree. When I went from ddr2 to ddr3 i got a small bump in gains but dont forget it was a different itteration of igpu. intels smoothing of performance limits what we can tweak. long story short get a gpu but if you can't then these listed tweaks should help with your 720p gaming glory. lol

mods can close this thread now....it's really going nowhere. I always figured the majority of gamers were using igpus.....guess I was wrong

5. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I was speaking more to the effect of memory speed. Like 1600 to 2133 might make an impact system iGPU uses system RAM, no?

Usually people that need to rely on iGPU are those that fall on hard times, info like this is always nice to have on the net.

Someone might not have enough money to buy a whole system but may have enough to splurge on pricey fast ram. If the info is out there, more power to the consumer.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Papusan and 0lok like this.
  6. pipyakas

pipyakas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It would, but the HD 4400 is on some lower-powered haswell CPU and ddr3 1600mhz dual-channel is the maximum there IIRC

the thread is going no where because while it's true most "gamers" use a iGPU (as shown on Steam sometimes, although now it has fallen to the GTX 970/1060), most of them won't be HERE - an enthusias forum about tech and gaming
    Second, either you want to mod the game or tweak your system for more performance, there're already knowledge online, you just can't find them yet. See here for a video on how a guy modded Far Cry 3 to reach 30fps on an Intel HD 4000, which is much weaker than the HD 4400. That channel has like 500k subs, so definitely not so small that a random search on youtube can't find
    Third, the problem mainly is that you can't find what you're looking for because there's no "end all, be all" guide/solution to it. What I told you on the previous post is the result of years using the machine and keep on learning new things, tweaking it on the way. Again, it's true that a lot of ppl games on iGPUs, but how many of them actually talk about it?
    Fourth, just a minor thing, but I never got what CPU you're actually using, and whether you're on a laptop or a desktop, how hot your CPU&GPU is while running games etc.... You already see how hard getting help on problems with iGPUs can be, please don't hold back on informations that benefits the ones can use them to help you

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    JRE84 likes this.
  7. JRE84

Reputations:
    oh wow, good stuff thanks for that post i'll chek out his channel dying to play farcry 3

8. TheReciever

Reputations:
    No, dual channel 2133mhz ddr3 has been out for a long time now.

9. JRE84

Reputations:
    yes it has. iv'e noticed very small gains with ram speed 1 or 2 fps. not sure why it wouldn't have a bigger impact

10. TheReciever

Reputations:
    It depends on the game in question

But you are also forgetting that Intel isnt the only supplier of iGPU, would be much more meaningful to people on those older A10 APU laptops or NUC-like systems.