Hate my new Thinkpad T410

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by pratz09, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15 The Chairman

Reputations:
    Yeah, and here's a quoted reply from that thread that equals my first thought when I saw the original post:

Our topic is from someone's first post. Which makes me think one of two things:

1- Poster is someone who I think (by reading that post) probably has no idea how to remove any ThinkVantage software (increasing performance), update wireless drivers, or test and optimize their system. Also the kind of person who gets let-down quickly with little troubleshooting to try and fix the problem, and blames the hardware prior to asking "Hey folks, is there a way I could fix this?"

2- Poster is trolling a forum or two of ThinkPad loyalists, throwing verbal spaghetti on the wall to see what sticks.

Hopefully it's not #2. However, to the original poster of this thread, I say this --if you're not trolling, why not ask us for help so you can enjoy your T410, rather than immediately thinking it's an awful laptop and spreading how much you dislike it across multiple forums? This does more harm than good. There's a lot of people here that would help you, if only you're willing to ask.

2. ThinkRob

ThinkRob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't usually do this, but...

To the OP: aren't you a graduate student with a degree in CS? Aren't you working towards your masters in Information Systems? If so, don't you think that... you know... you should be able to solve most of the "problems" you complained about pretty easily?

3. princealyy

princealyy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just noticed I didnt chime in on the wifi issue, I also have the same problem with the wifi, it doesnt always auto connect and it drops the signal too, but I think this could be a defective card.... I did notice other people mentioned it online too ...

But with that being said, it is a fairly simple card to replace and should be easy to have exchanged by lenovo if you want them to simple send you a new part.

4. SR45

SR45 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    OP hasn't come back to reply to the members... Wonder why ? :)

5. halobox

halobox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  6. LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15 The Chairman

Reputations:
  7. SR45

SR45 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Interesting thing about the other thread he posted on, when advised to do a few things to possibly fix the issues he has, is that he replied by saying he would try them out, like defragging the hard drive, etc. The silly thing is, since he has had other notebook computers, that he would have known about those simple suggestions in the first place. Seems like computing 101. At least my take on it.

8. ooxxoo

ooxxoo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is the part that confuses me the most. The type of stuff being complained about makes no sense from anyone in CS/IT, esp #1-4.

9. stickboy2k

stickboy2k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    why do people come into the bee hive screaming I HATE HONEY!!!

The T410 is what it is, and lives up to expectations for 99% of informed buyers.

10. halobox

halobox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This thread can be safely ignored. It would be good if it were locked and moved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.