Halo: MCC and Infinite Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by JRE84, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    UWP apps and the Windows store really are garbage and I avoid them if possible. Steam is a really good platform, so yes consider getting the MCC on steam. As far as I'm concerned, it's hassle free.

JRE84 likes this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    it's looking like halo 5 will come out soon. halo 5 custom mp is already out and with current trends its looking real....however we might have to wait 6 months....and yes this is a big deal for fps fans

3. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Seeing as how all the other Halo games will be on Steam when Infinite releases, it makes no sense to exclude Halo 5. I'd love to finally be able to play that co-op with my dad. We're not going to get a second Xbox just for that.

I'd say there's a good chance Halo 5 releases on Steam before Infinite does. Most of the assets are already there in Halo 5: Forge. There are quite a bit of people who couldn't care less since they think the game sucked, but there are also a lot of people who would buy it.

JRE84 likes this.
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    currently im playing the MCC with my dad in mutliplayer and its pretty fun but hard, really good players. and @Clamibot thats exactly what I want to do also play with my dad in halo 5 co-op..I also hope they release co op for MCC it really makes no sense...

5. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I bought the MCC over christmas. Runs at 200 fps for a few mins then slowly the framerate decreases and the frametimes become really bad to the point that 70fps feels like 10fps. This happens even if running in the old graphics mode. CPU usage is like 10% GPU usage is 10% and temps are low 60's and it just seems to get slower and slower.

i can get about 15 minutes of gameplay before it becomes unplayable. I can see a few other people have this from googling it but there seems to be no fix.

JRE84 likes this.
  6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    wierd bro. Im getting 160fps with a 1060 on enhanced and it never feels slow always feels like 60fps...weird

7. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That is an extremely strange issue. Does this happen in all the games bundled in the MCC or only specific ones? Also, are you running the game in windowed or borderless windowed mode? If so, try running it in exclusive fullscreen. Borderless windowed or windowed mode decreases performance significantly for some games, and borderless windowed mode sometimes causes strange behavior.

8. ratchetnclank

Reputations:
    I tried halo combat evolved, halo 2 and halo 3 and all have this same behaviour. I did try windowed/borderless and fullscreen and none seemed to make much difference. From what i can tell it seems to be an issue with people with high refresh displays. The game just stutters like crazy. It's really bizarre. GPU is set to max performance and in original graphics ill get 600-700fps. 15-20 minutes later ill have less than 60.

Tried older graphics drivers and running different compatibility modes too with gpu scheduling on/off. It is a really odd issue, never seen anything like it before. Even limiting to 60fps doesn't prevent it happening. Anti-Virus turned on/off.

I'm at a loss with it and can no longer refund as i spent too long troubleshooting. It's a shame as i was looking forward to playing them all co-op with a friend but i've admitted defeat with it now.

9. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Have you tried turning G-Sync off.

10. ratchetnclank

Reputations:
    Don't have gsync on my monitor. So i just reinstalled the game today as after reinstalling windows for other (Alienware command center) related reasons and the game runs fine now.

It must of been some strange OS related reason would of been nice to know exactly what but at least it's working.