Halo: MCC and Infinite Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by JRE84, Sep 21, 2020.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

cross play between steam and game store or with xbox because ive been dying to play mcc with my dad

2. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Between PC and Xbox. Steam and MS Store were already able to play together.

JRE84 likes this.
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    halo 4 looks soooooooooo good for a 8 year old game....very impressed and yes crossplay is here but its not for campaign as far as I heard, havent been able to test it out.

5. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Indeed. Halo 4's graphics have held up really well. It still looks like a modern game.

The performance is also better than any of the previous entries on the CPU side as well. CPU usage in Halo 4 is significantly lower for me than any of the other entries, signifying very good optimization. I sometimes experience frame dips in the first and second entries. Instead of tacking on a bunch of post processing effects, they should have been remade with a modern engine.

In any case, the 4th game is my most favorite, so I'll be playing that most of the time anyway. I know it gets a lot of hate, but I love the forerunner storyline and fighting the promethean knights.

As I've said in the past, games that get a lot of hate frequently end up being good games for me. I don't understand this.

JRE84 likes this.
  6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah im getting good cpu utilization also. im getting over 60fps so im happy...have you heard any news on halo 5/ infinite

Clamibot likes this.
  7. Clamibot

Reputations:
    I'm a 120 fps gamer so I'm a big stickler for good optimization, which is further influenced by my philosophy as a programmer.

As for news on Halo 5 and Infinite, I heard Infinite got delayed to sometime in 2021. As for Halo 5, I haven't heard anything about it yet. Fingers crossed it comes to steam. My dad and I got the disk for the Xbox One a few years ago expecting to be doing couch coop together, only to find out 343 industries idiotically omitted split screen. It's been sitting on a shelf ever since. We'd like to finally be able to do coop in Halo 5 on PC together.

JRE84 likes this.
  8. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I keep reinstalling MCC and it says halo 4 is not installed even though windows store shows it is. Anyone else have this issue ? In settings it shows installed in-game as well but locked

9. Clamibot

Reputations:
    The steam version is fine. I'm guessing this is a problem exclusive to the windows store version. Try deleting your config files and see if that helps. Both versions of the MCC store player config data in AppData\LocalLow\MCC.

Or you could manually manipulate the config files and see if you can get the checkbox for Halo 4 unfrozen.

HaloGod2012 likes this.
  10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I had that exact same issue with forza horizon 4 i say forget the hassle and get it for steam

Clamibot likes this.