Halo: MCC and Infinite Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by JRE84, Sep 21, 2020.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    just bought Halo MCC and to say the least its impressive that is with multiplayer. Also If you get good enough you can play for money in tourneys. I felt these games deserved their own thread as it is truely a good remake of the older games and the remaster is nothing like crysis...it's actually great.

Thoughts and opinions below did you buy it and are you enjoying the 1 2 3 4 multiplayer...post stats here also and maybe we can make a NBR clan.

Reserved for Must Watch videos

How many people are playing on steam

https://steamcharts.com/app/976730

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    cfe likes this.
  2. cfe

cfe Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I got it when it first dropped (courtesy of my buddy--the incremental rollout pricing package made it convenient to gift), was super stoked for 2&3 with the AWESOME toggleable-by-game customized matchmaking, but I stopped gaming since.

Really well done, and it was so cool to have the xboxlive acc unlocks from the good ol days transfer over--sheathed katana on back, armor effects etc.

I had a great time playing and would highly recommend as a must-have for any boomer halo fan :cool:. $10/game, everything was classic and classy, all boxes checked...shrug, what more can you ask for...especially these days :rolleyes:

JRE84 likes this.
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah developers seem too not care these days because we buy their crap.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    cfe likes this.
  4. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just in case anyone missed the drop, Halo 3 ODST released on steam earlier this week.

JRE84 likes this.
  5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    oh nice I thought it's been out for a while..thanks for that....this is a pretty amazing game package as a whole...

6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This game is pretty much the best this side of Counter Strike for multiplayer... dozens of maps, wicked selection of game types and some pros are playing it in social...highly recommend at least checking it out, instant buy for FPSers

7. Clamibot

Reputations:
    I'm looking forward to the release of Halo 4 on steam. Out of all the Halo games I've played, Halo 4 is by far my most favorite game out of the entire series. I know it gets a lot of hate, but I don't really understand it. The story was very interesting and the enemies were just as fun to fight as in all the previous games.

I also really hope Halo 5 gets a steam release too. It wouldn't make sense not to have a steam release as literally all the other Halo games besides Halo Wars 2 will be on steam by the release of Halo Infinite. I also know that one gets a lot of hate, but I think it'll be a really fun game based on what I've seen.

A trend I've noticed is that I tend to enjoy games that get a lot of hate from others. That makes me question whether people genuinely dislike the games or if they're just being idiots. It also makes me question their taste in games if they genuinely dislike them. For example, Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare gets a lot of hate, but I think it's actually a really good game. I loved the campaign and found it a lot of fun, not to mention the interesting story. I think most of the hate comes from people who never bothered to play the campaign and just played the multiplayer. I think that's stupid since they didn't judge the game fairly, but then again, I only get games for their campaigns/story. Others may only care about multiplayer, but at that point you might as well play something like Overwatch instead.

JRE84 likes this.
  8. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    halo 5 is out for pc but its trimmed down a huge amount....basically forge with only custom games...

9. Clamibot

Reputations:
    Yeah we need the campaign too. That's the most important and the best part of the game.

JRE84 likes this.
  10. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Agreed, campaigns are the highlight of the Halo series for me. The lore, visual design, and soundtrack of the Bungie Halos are top notch. Reach is my favorite one, absolutely love the art direction and overall aesthetic of it. Multiplayer wise, Halo definitely isn't my cup of tea anymore. I played a ton of Halo PC back in the day, but nowadays the movement and TTK just feel way to slow for me.

cfe and JRE84 like this.