Half Life - Alyx

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by cucubits, Mar 28, 2020.

1. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Indeed, quite the error :)

I've never seen this. Is this close the the beginning? After the elevator scene? Trying also but as you say, google doesn't help much.

JRE84 likes this.
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I remember seeing these when I was trying out HL2 Beta.

hfm likes this.
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    lol i reinstalled windows and re did everything even the oculus link cable...and walla only had to spend four hours manually fixing an unknown error that not even google or anyone on earth knows...lol

btw im on chapter 2 just hopped on the train..mind is made up this is GOTY for 2020 and maybe even the best half life story ever.

also i have been using computers for 30 years and my guess is its a resource error not able to load the game properly with a hdd...also yeah i had to install it on a ssd..this is the most changes in my 30 years gaming to get something to work

cucubits likes this.
  4. cucubits

Reputations:
    Glad you got it fixed. Can't wait to hear more about your experience as you progress.

JRE84 likes this.
  5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    this is not good...it kills your desire to play regular 2d games...I have not played crysis in 4 days and that is the longest in 13 years...this vr stuff is amazing and I know why I did not adopt sooner it's because videos don't even scratch the sruface or do it justice they are not life scale and in 2d the games look lame, but when you try it out this game in particular you really see the future..it brings you in.

and yes I have not had this much fun since the sega master system built in bike racing game when I was 4 yearsold...

78% of Americans are now familiar with using VR technology. 171 million people use VR technology today. Gaming VR revenue is expected to reach $22.9 billion by 2020. The gaming market accounts for 50% of total VR Software sales.

cucubits....You wanna know what I noticed....im playing on all low because I have only a 1060 and this game looks great compared to any triple A title and thats in 3d vr which is insane...look at how downgraded project cars 2 looks in vr and tell me alyx is not the best looking game to date.. also im stuck trying to get that big door open in chapter two....you have to be a genius to beat this game as some of it is mind bendingly hard.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2020
  6. cucubits

Reputations:
    lol, I got stuck there too for a long time. I did manage to open it by what seemed like a random choice from the walls. Only after that I noticed the cage under the structure in the middle of that area, close to the walls with the markings. I think this is vague enough so it's not actually a spoiler :)

Yes, I also think it's the best looking VR game but I don't have much of a comparison base. I only messed around in boneworks for a little while and the lab from steam.

7. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    bah I might have to look it up on youtube im stumped and feel dumb :(

8. cucubits

Reputations:
    No worries, keep going on, way more fun lies ahead.

JRE84 likes this.
  9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I took a break from the game after getting stuck once again with the holographic puzzle on chapter 2..kills the fun when the puzzle makes no sense and ends up being something you miss by not looking at the level with a microscope

10. cucubits

Reputations:
    Wait, which holographic puzzle are you talking about? Don't give up, there aren't many puzzles which don't have a somewhat obvious solution nearby.

JRE84 likes this.