Half Life - Alyx

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by cucubits, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Cylix101

Cylix101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not yet, today im going to get the Visor, hope DHL deliver it and it works, lol, never know with used stuff from ebay:cool:

JRE84 likes this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    did you get your visor yet? keep us updated

3. Cylix101

Reputations:
    Hi yes, got it yesterday, sadly the price was to good to be true, after i played around with it for 1 2 hours from nothing i got a black line in the middle of the left lens..its going straight from the the top in the middle :(. I think i got a line of broken pixels..??

I opened it and tried to see if the cable is bad but all the connection are good inside so i think is the left screen, i ordered a new one off aliexpress but i have to wait until April. Hope its the screen but something was strange first the line appeared from nothing and then it disappeared and after 15 min it appeared again and its staying there. The rest is working ok,, controls and the rest.

Now got some general questions about it: is it normal that everyting is a little blurry? I mean inside the steamvr, at the corners of the screen and in the distance? And those movies on youtube, the 360 ones, i put 8k res but they are still not sharper like a normal pc screen? I guess because of the resolution of the visor is like that? And the games are a little pixelated.. Think i was expecting sharpness like in real life lol, the technology is not there yet i think because i looked at the newer ones and the biggest res is that Pimax 8k but not that much as the visor with 1440x1440.
    thumbnail.jpg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    JRE84 likes this.
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    return get a quest 2

5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    did you get it sorted out? I highly recommend a quest 2

6. Cylix101

Reputations:
    Hi , im going to keep and replace the screen, for the money was a steal even if i need to repair it, it costed me around 80 Euros and the screeen was 20 so with 100 im fine, Quest 2 is still to expensive for what im using it, For the time i have to play around in vr, the dell visor is ok once repaired:)

JRE84 likes this.
  7. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    you will enjoy vr no matter what headset you go with....its pretty slick

Cylix101 likes this.
  8. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations: