Half Life - Alyx

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by cucubits, Mar 28, 2020.

1. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, it really does add a lot to the immersion but at first it messes with your brain pretty hard. In Boneworks I was either dropping my gun randomly or when I wanted to put it down, I wouldn't let go.

2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    resolution is an issue.....I have the quest 1 and am thinking of upgrading to quest 2 too get rid of screen door effect and pixelation which is bothersome

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  3. Cylix101

Cylix101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys, i just bought an used Dell Visor from Ebay at an really low price, what do you think of the Glass, can i run alyx on it? this will be my first experience with vr. Other then alyx what else do you recommend for games and stuff to try and see what vr is about?

JRE84 likes this.
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    msfs 2020
    skyrim vr
    robo recall
    vader imortal
    vr desktop
    list goes on and on and welcome

Cylix101 likes this.
  5. Cylix101

Reputations:
    Cool thx, yes lets see how is going to behave the dell visor with them. Looking foward to it

JRE84 likes this.
  6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    honestly after 8 months with the quest id say the best thing is virtual desktop...playing all my steam games in a theater wirelessly is something else I sit on the couch and enjoy everything about my computer wirelessly.....doesnt get any better....if you only have 20 bucks Id say buy that and save for other apps.

and bro @Cylix101 you have a killer setup....1080 holds its own in 2021

Cylix101 likes this.
  7. Cylix101

Reputations:
    Ok cool im gonna get that for sure! Yes the clevo 1080 sure its a beast,shredding everyting in FulllHD, only CP2077 does put it to the test. Wanna change it only because of DLSS and Raytracing but until now no word on the Clevo 30xx series and if my chassis will get support, if not prolly need to look for a used 2080 or better the Super one.

JRE84 likes this.
  8. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Finally HP sent the missing speakers. Looks like a new set, sealed. The G2 is finally complete, new headset (I haven't even peeled off the foil from the lenses and new speakers). Keep an eye on the marketplace section, I'm going to post a sale ad soon. It's possible I could return it, but to be honest, I really don't want to deal with HP customer service any more.

9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    naw 1080 is fine

10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i hope you check out the vd....pretty impressive operating your computer on a 160 foot screen