Half-Life 2 Episode 3 Plot Revealed

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Neil_Hines

Neil_Hines Newbie

Reputations:
    Its Half-Life 2 and I play this game its really awesome game and I waiting for playing Half-Life 3 long time still didn't hear news about Half-Life 3. I think Half-Life 2 is the last part of the game. Never launch Half-Life 3. :(

DukeCLR likes this.
  2. tlprtr19

tlprtr19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I can bet the studio that made the first F.E.A.R will do the right job (good job is not imp). They know how to bring about the story, atmosphere, AI and map design.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

killkenny1 likes this.
  3. Neil_Hines

Neil_Hines Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, friend @tlprtr19 . I also play F.E.A.R 1 and 2 both parts. Its also awesome game. :)

tlprtr19 likes this.
  4. tlprtr19

Reputations:
    Yeah. Wouldn't u agree the only game that brought a legitimate update in AI, map design, story, atmos, graphics and sound was F.E.A.R 1? I can't think of any other game since HL2 that gave me the same level of cult enjoyment and analysis. think Monolith can do a great job making hl2 ep3.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

DukeCLR likes this.
  5. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Plenty of nostalgia there. I might have to dig those out again.

DukeCLR likes this.
  6. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I think you are on to something.
    Back in the day FEAR was very impressive game, and its AI is still one of the best, even by today's standards.
    You would think game AI would only get better and better with time, but unfortunately it started to go down the drain and most of the shooters today have a stupid AI...

DukeCLR and tlprtr19 like this.
  7. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    I read a while back some developer comments (can't remember which dev) that these can be deliberate decisions. For example, if a game has a high volume of enemies, the AI intentionally is a little stupid to prevent the player from being overwhelmed. Another one was that there was a shift back to emphasizing mechanical skills (headshots) over tactics. I'm with you that it's not that great of a thing though, I like to have to outplay a smaller number of enemies rather than 360 noscope a lot of them.

tlprtr19 likes this.
  8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Yeah, I heard that too, I think it was an article on PC Gamer or something, where devs talked about that.
    I'm in the same boat as you, smaller amount of enemies, but smarter is better than lots of dumb enemies.
    There are instances where lots of dumb AI works well, but for the most games I would prefer smarter AI.

9. tlprtr19

Reputations:
    Three games with intelligent AI:
    Half life
    F.E.A.R
    Insurgency (if you havent played please do)

In all these games level design varied with no. of enemies. In both cases AI choice was independent of enemy numbers. AI thinks acts and makes choices, whether it's to survive, defend of be on offensive. Insurgency, AI actually flushes your position, create decoy diversion, and comes behind ur back!

But what you said its true. That's how devs are making choices based on target market.

10. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    In HL you almost didn't have a chance to experience a lot of the AI if memory serves. Reaction times and accuracy made is less likely for an enemy to even reach a flanking point. Agreed on FEAR and my limited experience with Insurgency.