Half-Life 2 Episode 3 Plot Revealed

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Aug 25, 2017.

1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    They should just outsource it to someone else to make it. If they can't be bothered, it's a license with a sound history. They could capitalize on it easily by sourcing it to another company and just provide direction and some QC.

hfm likes this.
  2. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. If that studio could bring Laidlaw and Wolpaw and the gang in to help write it that would even be better.

I can't see Valve doing this, though. It's pretty much their only Single-player story based IP other than Portal. It was also what Valve was BUILT ON. If it wasn't for Half-Life and by proxy the Q/Q2 engine, those guys wouldn't even exist. Most of what they built was on top of id software stuff and acquiring tools built for id software engines. It is somewhat disappointing they aren't finishing the story any time soon, but I totally get why.

3. tlprtr19

tlprtr19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nope. I didn't mean valve screwed themselves for money.

(Speculation) If they indeed have stopped hl team, led the team to resign and stuff, all they have done is royally screwed their name in history. If they have not given up, fine. Half life game and lore is more worth than money. I don't beleive all the talk about critical reviews for hl3 would hurt them. It has a massive fan base. If tomorrow they say they will make it in 1998 source engine, I will still buy it in a heartbeat. Its Half life we are talking about.

Just like blue shift or opposing force, valve should lisence it to third party and finish this mess they started. Its embarrassing for such a big company not to deliver on their promise, finish a cult story of HL2. How difficult is it to just finish a 5h gameplay third episode? Not a big deal to lisence. Alas no one will ever know the real story behind this embarrassing position unless somone inside leaks it.

HTWingNut likes this.
  4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    I agree. It would be a huge financial success despite even if it will get lots of criticism. I always said that they should have at least just finished Episode 3 with the same game engine as Episode 2, but they kept always wanting to add newer tech to the damn game engine. Just make the damn game.

And if they themselves are not interested in making it, then license it out to someone that can. Hell, let CD Projekt Red do it.

hfm and tlprtr19 like this.
  5. Templesa

Templesa Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I thought they released the plot to HL2:E3 a while ago though?

Edit LOL Hfm beat me to it.

6. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Didn't Laidlaw state he was finished with HL?

Leave CDPR out of this! They still need to finish Cyberpunk 2077!!!

HTWingNut and tlprtr19 like this.
  7. tlprtr19

tlprtr19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah he did state that. But he is human. HL is his child. If Valve allows a reputed studio to lisence and make it, and if the company contacts Laidlaw I hope he says ok.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

8. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Agreed. Also I'm not sure they'd be my first choice. Story aside, HL is a very straightforward, fairly linear shooter. Asking a studio like CDPR to do it would be like asking McLaren to build an economical sedan. They'd make something awesome, but it probably wouldn't be what people looking for that want. Give it to a studio that does shooters more.

9. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Exactly!

10. killkenny1

Reputations: