Hacking Aero Control Center Fan Settings

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by CocoLoco, Nov 21, 2019.

1. CocoLoco

CocoLoco Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am finding the fan control options of my new Aero 17 just awful. I want it quiet - like no fan running - when I am doing lightweight stuff. The quiet profile handles this nicely. HOWEVER, it also throttles the CPU. So when using it, for all practical purposes I have a 2.5 Ghz laptop, no 4.1. What I do mostly is write code on it. Writing code works fine in quiet mode. But compiling - which I do every minute or two sometimes -- needs speed. Otherwise it takes way, way too long.

I have tried the other settings. "Normal" never gets below 25% fan speed, even when it is sitting idle. The custom option is even worse. It won't allow you to set it lower than 30%.

Has anyone found a more flexible solution to address this? On my XPS 15, this was not a concern AT ALL!!! I really can't disable Control Center, as I need the RGB key coloring. Don't know what to do besides get earplugs. :(

At this point, I am seeing this laptop as a colossal mistake.

2. childprotectorofthenight

childprotectorofthenight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Second this! Have you found a solution for this yet?

3. CocoLoco

Reputations:
    No, nothing yet. I would suggest that you - and everyone - complain to Gigabyte.

Here is response I got from support yesterday:

Yes, I see this. So our HQ must limit the CPU so the temperature in Quite mode does not exceed 75C so the fan can be limited to around 41%. I think the only thing would be to expand the Quite mode or have a Quite/Normal mode where the fan would stop if the CPU was under 50C but the other curve would be more like the normal fan curve. Then the CPU would be allow to go above 75C. I agree with you, think the easiest would be to make the Deep Control more flexible and allow the customer to move the points to the full table. The only thing I can do if forward your request to our notebook division in our HQ. They would review the request and decide weather or not to implement this. That is the best I can do. Thank you.

Best regards,

Gigabyte Tech Support Team

4. childprotectorofthenight

Reputations:
    Do you have their email by any chance? I’ll send them a message similar to yours. That’s ludicrous. How is it the blade and XPS can do just fine but not the Aero on fan curves. Kind of regretting my second oled 15 coming Friday after the first one had issues off the bat

5. CocoLoco

Reputations:
    I have been in touch with them via https://esupport.gigabyte.com/

You have to get password, etc. I will say that the support staff is more evolved than many are. I have discussed a couple of issues with them.

6. childprotectorofthenight

Reputations:
    Ahh I came across that page. I just really didn’t want to create an account for an email. I guess I’ll give it a go

7. CocoLoco

Reputations:
    It is fairly painless. Just choose your model, etc.

8. childprotectorofthenight

Reputations:
    I just did and sent them an email detailing what should be done with the fan curve.

CocoLoco likes this.