Guide to disassembling the G53JW and installing second hard drive

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by bendok, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaFOFO

KaFOFO Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot for the awesome guide! Just wanted to know which kingston 4gb ram stick did u get? All I could find for ddr3-1333 is their "ValueRAM ((KVR1333D3S9/4G)" which I read somewhere is Elpida and not Hynix.

Or does anyone have any suggests for what ram sticks would work?

Thank you!

2. rancid

rancid Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Try running SiSoft sandra or something to report the hardware info. I would do it on mine but my wife managed to get a virus on mine within a day of me owning it so I haven't been messing with it much. If I get it cleaned up this afternoon I'll report back what modules mine has.

3. bendok

bendok Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That's the stuff exactly. You can see right in pic #5 its hynix... however mine is green PCB but googling i see others are blue PCB with the elpida chips so they must have both. I got mine from NCIX.

The other chips that came with the laptop are 2GB Asint DDR3-1333 with the same timings as the kingston stuff.

4. KaFOFO

KaFOFO Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Rancid, the program seems very useful and downloading it now. I hope you got your comp cleaned with relative ease!

Thanks Bendok, I luckily live near a NCIX store so I'll stop by there soon :)

5. Nakano2k1

Nakano2k1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The memory used on most of G53JWs circuating right now is ASint SSZ3128M8-EDJED.

Mine runs constantly at 710mhz x 2 = 1420mhz for some reason. Is anyone else having the same??

6. kylix90

kylix90 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello. I don't understand how to remove the touchpad panel. I removed keyboard, in step 7 i removed screw in bottom right corner and slide next hole at left, but my touchpad is still locked. In step 8 you say that the touchpad is held in place with a few plastic clips, but i can't find it. Where are they? Where i need to push? Can anybody give me a picture where is shown how exactly remove the touchpad.

7. kylix90

kylix90 Newbie

Reputations:
    So, can anybody help me with my question?

8. Donald@zTecpc

Donald@zTecpc Company Representative

Reputations:
    Just make sure you have removed the screw to the right of the slider, and the slider is all the way to the left. Then pry the palm rest up using your fingernail or small screwdriver (carefully :)) from just above the touchpad (that is the edge that is closest to the screen). It doesn't just lift off, you have to pry it.

9. kylix90

kylix90 Newbie

Reputations:
    How understand that the slider is in all the way to the left or not?
    And, can anybody give me a photo of underside of the palm rest?

10. kfcheung

kfcheung Newbie

Reputations:
    This is such a great guide, I'm getting my G53JW in a week and this will be very helpful. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.