Guide On ExpressCache: "I Want My ExpressCache Back!" Edition

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artenais

artenais Newbie

Reputations:
    Can someone share the "EC.LMF" file from samsung expresscache. I formatted my notebook and forgot to backup it.

Thanks.

2. Haukyn

Haukyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What do you need it for? Isn't it working just installing the EC software?

3. hohum

hohum Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Unzip the attached. This is what I am using on my NP700Z5A-S0AUS running Windows 10.

Attached Files:

• EC.zip
      File size:
      608 bytes
      Views:
  4. LITemup

LITemup Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Hohum, saw a past post of yours asking for a battery compatible with your m17x r2. I am also looking for one and never got to see the answer since you resolved the issue in messages as opposed to the thread. Did you end up getting a working battery?

5. SkuterPL

SkuterPL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I have just formated NP530U3C with clean Windows 10 1607 and install ExpressCache from SWupdate for Windows 8. I checked if it works and cmd line show me active Cache, but in Task Menager all the time I see 0% of using disk 1 (it's SSD drive), and what worst disk ) all time is 100% and PC works very slow. Here is screenshot:
    expressCache.jpg

Anyone know what's wrong?

6. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Hi SkuterPL,

I am still on Win8.1 and haven't yet tried to get ExpressCache working on Win10. But based on reports from several other users here, my understanding is that current ExpressCache versions from SW Update are not compatible with Win10.

The solution is to find a newer ExpressCache version released by Lenovo which IS compatible with Win10. The version I've seen mentioned is 1.3.110, which you can locate with Google.

After installing it, you need to replace the EC.LMF file in the ExpressCache folder with the EC.LMF file from your Samsung provided ExpressCache. That file contains your license to run ExpressCache on your Samsung laptop.

So, to sum it up:

1) Backup the EC.LMF file from your current ExpressCache installation (assuming you got it from Samsung).

2) Uninstall ExpressCache completely and Restart Windows.

3) Install ExpressCache version 1.3.110 (or newer).

4) Restore your backed up EC.LMF file to enable this new version with your Samsung license.

5) Restart Windows.

Again, this is based on reports from others, I have not yet tried it myself. If samsung bothered to update SW Update for older laptops it sold (like Lenovo has done) this hassle would not be necessary.

Please let us know how this works for you.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    John Ratsey likes this.
  7. SkuterPL

Reputations:
    I found newer version that you said, it's 1.3.2, do you think that is better than you version?

8. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It's probably better - try it and see if it works. If not, use the older version.

John

Dannemand likes this.
  9. SkuterPL

Reputations:
    I installed 1.3.110 , because 1.3.2 I coudn't install, because I got notification that instalation cound't find device, but generally even this older version fix my problem ;)

Thanks for that.

Dannemand and John Ratsey like this.
  10. stuntman26

stuntman26 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I have a NP700Z5AH running Windows 7, and I have recently decided to switch the 7200rpm HDD to a Samsung 500gb 850 Evo SSD. My laptop model comes with 8gb ExpressCache iSSD which I want to disable now that I will be installing an SSD.

Is it sufficient enough to simply reset and disable ExpressCache in easy settings, or should I format the iSSD using "eccmd -format" in command prompt and fully uninstall any ExpressCache software/drivers?

Thanks for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.