Guide On ExpressCache: "I Want My ExpressCache Back!" Edition

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Jan 14, 2012.

1. yknyong1

yknyong1 Radiance with Radeon

Reputations:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/samsung/637957-debunking-expresscache-myths.html

http://forum.notebookreview.com/samsung/637354-wheres-my-expresscache-menu.html

Just earlier: http://forum.notebookreview.com/samsung/638783-some-new-progress-expresscache-issue.html which reminded me to post about my new findings.

I decided that the HFS partition seemed to be correct. The ExpressCache option will be missing unless the Diskeeper programme locates the partition. It throws an error if you manually install.

Steps:

1. Delete any partition volume on the Sandisk iSSD P4 using diskmgmt.msc or Disk Management.

2. Download and install MacDisk from MacDisk for Windows

3. Format a HFS partition (or HFS+ if your model has iSSD capacity of greater than 8GB) by following the onscreen instructions.

4. If you have left the ExpressCache software and driver as it has been, reboot and you will find the context menu for ExpressCache appearing again in Easy Settings. If not, follow step 5.

5. Download Easy Software Manager and install.

6. Install Easy Settings and the ExpressCache driver from inside Easy Software Manager.

Reboot and you will now find the context menu for ExpressCache appearing in Easy Settings. Note that if upon rebooting you cannot find the context menu in Easy Settings, please reinstall Easy Settings and ExpressCache drivers again.

If you cannot find the EC driver, here it is:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?43qjveceh49zn9p

Hope this helps you!

Regards

Some users report that EC does not show up in Easy Settings. In such cases you may check the EC status

2. yknyong1

Reputations:
    Any issues please post here.

3. sdnxlb

sdnxlb Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, yknyong, thank you very much. After I format the SSD to HSF, the expresscache menu finally appears. There is one thing to remaind. If you have already installed the expresscache driver and easy setting, you should first uninstall (maybe need reboot) and install these two program, then the expresscache menu can appear in the easy setting.

4. yknyong1

Reputations:
    Actually I just rebooted, and they appeared by themselves.

5. sdnxlb

sdnxlb Newbie

Reputations:
    They not appeared in my computer until I re-installed the programs.
    Any way, this problem finally solved!~ Yeah!

6. yknyong1

Reputations:
    Glad for you.
    Ok let me edit.

7. almyz125

almyz125 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    About to try this now, i was running HBC to try to recover the old partitions lmao this seems much more promising. I'll report back.

I think its working, my computer seems to start up faster. I followed you step to a T. I cannot get it to show up in easy settings. I'm not sure what drive is the express cache driver? Samsung
    None of them clearly say they are the express cache driver. So i have uninstalled easy settings, the HCEI driver, and the Intel Rapid Storage Driver. Then re-installed them all after a reboot. Then rebooted again, and still nothing. In easy settings for the express cache. Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

8. yknyong1

Reputations:
    You must download Easy Software Manager, the ExpressCache software is listed under Miscellaneous tab.

9. almyz125

almyz125 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm sorry i'm not seeing the Miscellaneous tab, any way you could link me?

10. yknyong1

Reputations: