Guide: HP Pavilion DV6-6xxx screen replacement

Discussion in 'HP' started by yknyong1, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2013

j2013 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

great tutorial - thanks!

At the moment I also think about replacing my screen with a 1080p screen.
    My device is the HP Pavilion dv6-6108sg.
    But I have a few questions:
    1) The last days I read some articles about changing the displays in forums. I also read that the AUO B156HW01 v. 4 is a TN Panel. My question now is whether it is possible to build in also an IPS Panel which are told to be better in image quality and a stable perspective. Is that right? Is it possible to choose another display type? If yes, are there any suggestions which display I should choose?
    2) There are several versions of displays of AUO B156HW01? Where's the exact difference? Is the v. 4 still the best display I should choose for replacing my actual screen or are there any other displays? I also didn't much read about other display brands for replacing. Is there a problem with replacing the screen with for example a samsung screen?

Thanks in advance.
    j2013

2. j2013

j2013 Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone can help?

3. aindriu80

aindriu80 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi

I found it a bit confusing and ordered a AUO B156HW01 V.7 from an German EBay seller. I checked the back of it and it was a V.5 which is the worst of all. I sent it back to him and he told me it arrived broken in the mail. Well to cut a long story short I got my money back and ordered a AUO B156HW01 V.4 Matte from the US site the tutorial is from. I got the cable from the Chinese site. It all worked but the cable was so short and awkward I spent ages putting the laptop back together again.

My advise is to get the Matte version V.4. Its the best of the V's. Or if you want glossy get V.7 but its a pain having such a reflection and the Matte ( I had glossy before) has no downsides. Great viewing angles are great. I really am so happy with it.

The AUO is awesome providing you are actually looking at 1080p video or high quality pictures like your desktop background.

4. Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  5. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
  6. Peter Griffin

Reputations:
    What do you mean by that? All I see it is brand new B156HW01 V.7 screen and yea I am gonna replace it with default hp screen that is some unknown pathetic 1366x768 screen.

7. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    LCD Information:

You should make sure if you want to buy through them.

8. Peter Griffin

Reputations:
    Oh lord. They mean that they can send me any version of B156HW01 depends upon the availability. There is no option of contact there. :(
    I think v7 is thest best version and with glossy finish, Am I right?

9. utengineer04

utengineer04 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a HP Pavilion dv6-6117dx laptop, with a 15.6" LED (1366x768). A lot of you guys have i7's and stuff. Mine has the AMD A8, if I get a replacement 1080 screen, will I get 1080 capabilities and vibrant colors. Right now I want to change my screen to anythng because the viewing angles and colors are horrific. I'm still not sure which cable to get though, it is something I have to take apart first, then see which cable to order, or what? I'm clueless when if comes to this stuff. I certainly apprereciate your help.

10. batman522

batman522 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all,

I purchased the AUO B156HW01 V.4 and the LCD LVDS Cable of HP Pavilion DV6-6000 FHD 50.4RN10.022. Whenever I installed both, the power plug LED on the laptop just blinks. Is it possible that there's something wrong with the display cable? Or is it the display that's the issue? I've tested another motherboard and the same issue occurs. It'd be much appreciated if someone could help me out!

Update: Got everything to work after ordering the cable from HP Parts instead, I called and placed the order and 15% off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.