[Guide] How to take full control of the i7-8750H (Advanced version)

Discussion in 'MSI' started by hackness, Sep 19, 2018.

1. xLima

xLima Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can someone confirm 9th series BIOS UNLOCK code has been changed/disabled in New MSI 9th series CPU?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

2. L33i

L33i Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    GE75 9SF - BIOS unlock code works.

hackness and xLima like this.
  3. TWERKMACHINE

TWERKMACHINE Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi i have a GT 63 8RF
    i followed the guide until the ram thing

Should i have enable in throttlestop "clock modulation" & "Set Multiplier" Enable ?

And when it comes to the step "Chapter 2: Test if CMOS clear resets the RAM timings" when i follow these steps my bios just come back to default every time

4. hackness

hackness Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Depends on your needs, however we usually just limit it in the FIVR menu and left the 2 options you have mentioned unticked.

That means you are able to reset the RAM timings with the current way, it is just that rather than just the RAM timings, even the BIOS settings are back to default, that's even better.

5. sasistegi

sasistegi Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for the tips and this guide hackness. With your guide I have a really good improvement on my battery life on my GS63 8RE (4.7 / 5h instead of 3.5h).
    I have a little doubt. Is there a way to show to the OS (Windows 10 1903 in my case) the actual clock of the processor? Some programs drop constant warning caused by the "low" clock of the processor, which taskmanager report at 0.8 GHz, instead of the real 3.8GHz on AC. All the percentage of CPU usage reported by task manager (general use and process use) are completely messed up. I would like to see the working again. Is anything that I can do? Thank you in advance

6. hackness

hackness Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yes indeed, task manager seems to sample in a weird way and report the wrong frequency even without the mod. As far as I know there isn't a fix to it as that's what it is doing by itself, program like ThrottleStop / HWINFO64 reports the correct frequency and usage.

7. Michael R Head

Michael R Head Newbie

Reputations:
    Did you ever figure this out? i could really use some help in getting my gs75 to recognize it.

8. Pepillo

Pepillo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No, I didn't get it, or with the latest bios update, or resetting this or the firmware, I couldn't make it work. :(

9. Michael R Head

Michael R Head Newbie

Reputations:
    the weird thing is the Bluetooth works but I have no Wi-Fi and it's not picking up in the device manager isn't Bluetooth and Wi-Fi all within the same card?

10. Pepillo

Pepillo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes, it's the same card. I don't understand why it doesn't work either.