[Guide] How to overclock and change timings for any RAM on most laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by valuxin, Jun 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. spektykles

spektykles Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi, I know this thread is old, but anybody having an XMP profile for 2133MHz CL11? both 1.5v and 1.35v profile is fine, i could modify the voltage. The guide works great on mine with Dell E6330 and 9020M and I hope somebody can do it with DDR4 or XMP Profile 2...Cheers...

2. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Hey @valuxin

Been a while! In a couple of months I would like to take 2133Mhz CL11 DDR3 ram and see how far it can be clocked.

I am hoping that it will work well with 2400Mhz clock but if I can attain 2666Mhz then I think this thread will garner a bit more attention for those that are holding on to their older DDR3 based laptops. This will be with my Ranger.

Hope all is well on your end man!

Either way I am glad you made this thread, I was combing through the m4600 thread as I remember we had dabbled a bit there with the m4600 RAM timings, I am hoping I can do this correctly when the time comes.

3. acekard

acekard Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    is there anything similar for DDR4?

4. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm doing well:) Just have no time for laptop stuff, coz I've switched to Surface Book from HP Zbook Studio (both of them have nothing to upgrade or mod:). Nice to see you have your memory up and running on 2133Mhz - is this a limit of haswell mobile platform or just the memory?

Sadly, I don't have any hardware that will work with RWEverything and DDR4 at the same time. If I'll have a spare time, I can try to find another way and make the utility work on any HW.

5. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Hey man, glad things are well on your side of things!

Yep running 2133Mhz just fine on my 4930mx, havent gotten around to pushing the memory higher as Ive been working on other parts of the laptop (for now, the cooling).