[Guide] How to control fans on Dell Laptops under Windows

Discussion in 'Dell' started by valuxin, May 27, 2017.

?

Does this solution work for you?

1. Yep :)

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Nope T_T

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Scared to try :c

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. duffsta

duffsta Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok so I found 1 problem with this setup, even with power management inside windows 10 set to not turn off when it has been ide for awhile it shuts down the computer, which is strange maybe the bios can't control talk to the OS anymore to do with the power management and just shuts down when it notices it has been ide...

2. dmgzd

dmgzd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The way i got this to work was to run the following in admin command prompt Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON reboot run the fan utility as admin disable ec then close the program. Doing this will allow speed fan to take over will work through reboots but not shutdown. Make sure you have speed fan setup correctly to control your fans. You also may need to disable driver signing via advanced startup to get the driver to install on first run. Would be nice for the utility to save its configuration so one could make a scheduled task to run on login.

3. Fix_My_Laptop

Fix_My_Laptop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Erm, doesn't I8KFanGui not work for you guys, no? I haven't tried the Dell Fan Utility as yet but have used I8KFanGui for a while and seems to work a treat :oops:

4. ArazelEternal

ArazelEternal Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. Sid Roy

Sid Roy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does it really work? I am going to try this one was thinking about such thing as the fan sometimes make a lot of noise there must be something to control it.
    Thanks, Buddy! Will try this one!