Guide: How to block Alienware Command Center from automatically updating

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Virale

Virale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone try this? Just curious... I don’t use AWCC for OC hehe!

2. DreDre

DreDre Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Dell/Alienware has to be monitoring this forum. Everytime a solution is found to block updating they somehow push the AWCC out on US. With them collaborating with Microsoft updates its difficult to pinpoint how they are doing it. It's not a Dell/Alienware update per se. One time I did an update and my RTX 2080 was not recognized. I reluctantly used support assist and it updated something. What driver and device it updated had nothing to do with the video card and after that it was recognized. Off hand I cant remember what it updated though. I do remember that..

Papusan likes this.
  3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Perhaps your chipset drivers weren't installed correctly? and when SupportAssist did some update, which in turn installed something related to chipset drivers making the PCI-E port visible?

I say this because my Thunderbolt Port won't be visible in device manager and the connected SSD to it won't appear in Computer until I have installed the Intel HD Graphics Driver. God knows what does the Intel HD Graphics driver have to do with the Thunderbolt being active or enabled.

DreDre likes this.