Guide; How to add HP Laserjet 1010 / 1012 / 1015 Printer to Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Atom Ant, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baskers50

baskers50 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I have an HP LaserJet 1010 and a new processor with Windows 8. Have found this fix and all is fine up to step 6. However when I select the folder extracted to disk and try and open it I get a message saying "Folder specified does not contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64 based systems" Also the file shown on Atom's screenshots where is says hpc1015w mine says hpcw1015e. What am I doing wrong?

2. rahbarihsn

rahbarihsn Newbie

Reputations:
    i was really shocked !!!
    thanks for your help

3. lor1n

lor1n Newbie

Reputations:
    I did the steps and had to select the USB Port because there was no DOT4_001, when i tried to print a test page and it just spat out a blank page, It's got a new toner in it. I also tried printing different documents with it but it always spits out blank pages quickly. has anyone else had this issue or is there a fix?

4. steveonlbi

steveonlbi Newbie

Reputations:
    AA - I followed your directions to the end, but although it says I have successfully installed the HP 1012, both times when I try to print a test page it says there is a problem and it doesn't print. Also, when I try to remove the printer to start over, Win 8 Remove will not work -- it says I have trouble with the printer and apparently wants me to fix the trouble before I can remove it? Any suggestions? Thanks

5. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
    Reinstall windows if you sure the printer is good, do not have better idea unfortunately.

6. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you so much for this information. I too have just bought a new PC with Windows 8.1 on and was not happy when I found out my HP 1010 wasn't supported. I followed your instructions and it worked - I don't need to buy a new printer after all.
    Very many thanks!

Atom Ant likes this.
  7. Atom Ant

Reputations:
    I'm very happy it is working out for many of you and I could provide real help :). Hopefully the trick will work with Windows 9 and these good printers can stay alive for another 10 years...

8. pnunberg

pnunberg Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, it works.
    There are however two glitches:
    1) Manual printing on both sides does not work;
    2) If I select 'Printer Properties' from the print menu of Word 2013 the application dies.
    Best regards

Paolo Nunberg
    paolo.nunberg@fastwebnet.it

I have laserjet 1010; should I choose 1012 instead?

9. sandman50

sandman50 Newbie

Reputations:
    Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I wanted to try. I followed all instructions to install my HP LaserJet 1012 but have been unsuccessful. I get all the way to the end to the page that says Type a printer name, Printer name: hp LaserJet 1012 HB. When I click next I get the status bar showing the printer is installing but then get a pop up that says "Printer driver was not installed - The system can not find file specified". I'm stuck, where do I go from here?

Also, when I select the hp LaserJet 1015 HB from the install the printer driver page a caution note says "This driver is not digitally signed!". could this be the problem?

10. Atom Ant

Reputations:
    Hi, the guide is working and worked for many people. Also this the only known way to make it work, so if it is not good for you, than problem is somewhere at your part; maybe cable, connection problem, printer is dead or windows problems and you have to start everything from the scratch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.