1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Guide; How to add HP Laserjet 1010 / 1012 / 1015 Printer to Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Atom Ant, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
    All right guys, I've figured out how to add HP Laserjet 1010 / 1012 / 1015 Printer to Windows 8. Although, it is ridiculous I'm the one who have to provide support for HP printers instead HP, however I'll be happy to explain and help you guys;

1. Download the HP LaserJet 1010/1012/1015 Host Based (Windows Vista) driver from here,

2. Extract the driver into a folder and remember the place of it,

3. Follow the pictures;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Enjoy and keep use longer your Printer ;)

Attached Files:

2. beens

beens Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you so Much! This worked great! I was up till 2 am trying to figure this out and nothing worked! You're awesome! Now I don't have to buy another printer!

3. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
    I'm glad this guide helped to solve your Windows 8 printer issue too. You are welcome!

robmot likes this.
  4. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Ah, a good ol' manual install! Great guide and very good visuals, Atom Ant. :) Thanks!

(Does the software utility really not work under Windows 8 yet? What a pain.)

5. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I'd say this guide is pretty useful regardless of whether you use windows 8 or not. I never had to use that method for a local printer, but I had to go through similar steps for a network printer in my office. I ended up doing the configuration for half the people in my office too.

Also, when it comes to HP computers, I'd do it like this any time of the day. Every HP printer I ever got had so much bloatware in the installer package that it wasn't even funny anymore.

6. randcal44

randcal44 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for your instructions. However, I am trying to connect my Windows 8 laptop to my HP LaserJet 1012 that is connected directly to a desktop running Windows Vista, where the printer is enabled to be shared. I am unable to print to the LaserJet 1012 even though I can connect to it via the home network. Any help would be appreciated.

7. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi there, randcal44, and welcome to the forums. :) Would you mind elaborating? What happens (if anything) when you attempt to print?

8. Antec900

Antec900 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I have spent hours in frustration now trying to make my hp laserjet 1010 work on my Windows 8. I did all the steps in this guide, but when I get to point 10. trying to install the driver, I get the error that the printer can not be installed RPC failed. In my language (norwegian)

"kan ikke installere skriver

Det eksterne prosedyreskallet (RPC) Mislyktes" Wich roughtly translates to "Can not install printer, the exsternal procedure shell (RPC) failed.

I am Running Windows 8 32-bit my printer is connected via usb to my computer.

Please Help:/

9. RPastuch

RPastuch Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

A perfectly good printer is back in action.

Again, thank you.

Russ

10. Flosex

Flosex Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for this Atom Ant, but it is not working for me. I am trying to install a HP LJ1010 on my new Windows 8 laptop and am ok until I get to Step 7 when hpc1010w doesn't show up in the window. This is despite browsing to the folder where I have the decompressed hpc1010 files. I have hpc1010e, hpc1010h.gpd, hpc10120h, hpc1010w and hpc1015w files in the folder. Properties for the hpc1010w file show it is an ini file whereas the window is looking for an inf file. I have tried changing the name of the hpc1010w.ini file to hpc1010w.inf but that doesn't work. Any ideas please?