Guide for international buyers

Discussion in 'Marketplace FAQ, Rules and Guidelines' started by Moidock, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtwn

dtwn C'thulhu fhtagn

Reputations:
    Oh no, I wasn't suggesting you get Squaretrade, but for you to examine if there are companies similar to Squaretrade in Holland.

To be honest, it is extremely unlikely that HP Holland will cover you as it is explicitly stated that the extended coverage only applies to the US.

2. Ramzii

Ramzii Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The employee who I spoke to and denied me the dutch care pack told me that when I got to the point of actually receiving an American care pack that it would be possible to help me out. But he did say it in an ugly uncertain way though. I shouldve recorded the conversation.

3. CoreRepublican

CoreRepublican Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think in addition to these precautions for buyers, sellers should have to act more logical in their heuristic scan for scammers. I still don't believe I simply couldn't buy a new Sony-AW for $650 just because of seller is hesitant to ship here.

4. dtwn

dtwn C'thulhu fhtagn

Reputations:
    Well, you can try, and you could probably argue your way into coverage, but I wouldn't bet on it.

5. comp_user

comp_user Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Also atleast with laptops typically the business models of Dell and HP have international warranty.

I have used HP warranty overseas and had no problems. No experience with Dell Warranty.

6. dtwn

dtwn C'thulhu fhtagn

Reputations:
    PS: Refurbished Dell units have global coverage. Refurbished HP units do not.

7. Jerry Seinfeld

Jerry Seinfeld Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all, I have reported my incident in another thread on the ASUS subforum (here at NBR). Now I would like to ask for some peer suggestions, and I assume this subforum is more appropriate for my need.

First of all, my incident:

11-15-2010 (Mon) // Placed order.
    11-16-2010 (Tue) // Got e-mail confirmation. Being prompted for payment.
    11-18-2010 (Thu) // Wired the payment.
    11-23-2010 (Tue) // Vendor replied, saying they got my $$, yet G73JH-B1 has been discontinued & they got none in stock.

I have checked with other vendors and they still got the G73JH-B1 in stock, so I am trying to get refund.

The issue is, they accepted (and confirmed) my order, without having the product in stock, and now they can't fulfill the order, so the way I see it, it is their fault. Therefore I demand a full refund, but they insist that I should be responsible for the wire transfer fees (from both banks, altogether is about $60 USD).

What is your take?

8. mingchun

mingchun Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't know if this has been said before, but when shipping to Canada from the US, you should ship USPS and not FedEx and especially not UPS. The reason being that UPS and FedEx will charge brokerage fees, which is often more than 50% value of the item, to the receiver and if not paid, the courier will hold onto the items. Also some of the more "dubious" sellers might send the item as a gift and write in a lower value than it is worth, the reason being that it gets through customs faster and if duties are applied, the tax is lower for the buyer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.