GTX 980 vs GTX 970M SLI? Which one wins?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Esaelias187, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I haven't seriously used SLI since the days of the GTX 280. I gave it up mostly because of the issues described above (lack of utilization, games not being optimized, having to mess around with profiles, etc). It's tragically amusing that even all these years later, this technology is still suffering from the same issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    The sad thing is that around Fermi and most of Kepler's running, SLI worked great. Lots of tech, lots of things you could do, etc. But now it's like everyone's ready to discard it.

3. sirana

sirana Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, for me it's a technological step backwards, ditching multi-gpu setups. Not only does it suck, but it also costs the consumers, while nVidia profits double (less cost of development + ridiculously increased single GPU prices outside of the USA).

D2 Ultima likes this.
  4. CaerCadarn

CaerCadarn Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    For benching you will score better results with 970m SLI. For gaming? Go with 980 Desktop variant! You will have better gaming experiences because proper SLI Support rarely comes from the beginning; mostly after one or two graphic Drivers upgrade or a hotfix from the game's side.

Just my 2cents!

TomJGX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.