GTX 960M now? Or wait for Pascal 1060M?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Ravedous, Jun 15, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It's definitely possible for it be nearly a 100% increase. I don't doubt that possibility. My personal expectations are around 50%, though. NVIDIA always holds back for re-brands. Maybe next year's Pascal 1160M will be fully 2x 960M capable in regards to performance.

When Volta comes around, we may not have an M series anymore, as HBM2 will arrive. That will be interesting!

2. Ravedous

Ravedous Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for all the replies so far guys I really appreciate you taking your time to help me. So now i decided to wait for the GTX 1060M but I'm also thinking about increasing my budget for a 1070M. Is it worth the extra $400-500? Im mostly gonna play non-graphic intensive on my laptop like overwatch, csgo and mmo's as well as mobas. I play graphic intensive games on my gtx 980 pc, but now that I got interested in the Battlefield 1 gameplay from E3 and that I wanna play it everywhere i go, is the 1060M gonna be enough or should i go for the 1070M? If I should go for the 1060M then should I get the 1070M for future-proofing my laptop? Thanks!

3. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The 1070M will perform closely to your desktop 980. The 1080M is expected to perform around Titan X levels.

4. ananas

ananas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    IMO you shouldn't wait. Even if the mobile pascal gpus are coming soon, we probably won't see laptops with them inside for another year or so.

5. Ravedous

Ravedous Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So it's gonna be a portable version of my PC? That's so nice! So do you think it's worth it?

But that has never happened before and they will lose to AMD marketing before them.

6. ananas

ananas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What do you mean? It has always been like that. GPU's havent even been announced yet. Usually we see the first laptops with the gpus a few months after their announcement, and then there's a couple months more till they actually go on the shelves. You are probably looking at 1st half of 2017... If you wanna wait, wait, I wouldn't.

7. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Clevo will have mass availability by October by all indicators. Clevo never sits on their heels when a new GPU launches.

Mr Najsman likes this.
  8. Xeonorth

Xeonorth Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I already went and bought a laptop with a 980. Just going with the egpu route... if it ever becomes available.

9. ananas

ananas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It will, and probably quite soon. Core can't be the only option for too long.

10. ananas

ananas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Nice to know. When do you think the more popular manufacturers will start pushing theirs? Talking about Asus, Dell, Lenovo, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.