GTX 580m Sli & AMD 6990m Crossfire available in the UK now to order!

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by steviejones133, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steviejones133

steviejones133 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

Just been speaking with my very good rep and friend. He has told me that the M18x is now available to order with the above gpu's......they arent live on Dell UK yet but he has pricing for them as follows: (pricing is the upgrade cost over base gpu configuration). If you wish to use my rep who does very good deals, let me know.

For you guys in the US and other countries, I am sure they may be available too as some people have already been discussing non-website prices with chat reps etc etc....

Nvidia GTX 580m Sli is £859 exc VAT so total cost around £1,075.00

AMD 6990m Crossfire is £384 exc VAT so total cost around £480.00

These are obviously UK figures so anyone wishing to order with either can shoot me a PM and I can get you in touch mith my rep if you like (for UK & Ireland Residents only im afraid)....I am pretty sure that if you want to order with the above, he can also do a great deal overall, with regards to the total system cost.

Anyway guys, thought I would let you know of their availability....finally, we know how much they are gonna cost in the UK and that both are available....so go get 'em !!!!!

Cheers
    Stevie.:D

2. alienair

alienair Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Great news that the 6990m is available. It shall provide good competition to the 580m. Hope to see benchmarks of the two soon.

3. reborn2003

reborn2003 THE CHIEF!

Reputations:
    This is awesome news Stevie.

Thanks for the great news.
    Especially after the 580M Price punch in the face LOL!

Cheers. :)

4. steviejones133

Reputations:
    Hehehe - np Chief! - thats like erm....just over $1700 USD......for the Nvidia's.......:eek: :eek: :eek:

I like the fact that AMD have kept it real with the pricing of their latest offering.....

5. azza21

azza21 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Just confirmed my order, with this top bloke from dell. Cannot wait to get my machine now. I wanted the fastest card available but the price difference between the two is ridiculous, so i just jumped in and went for the 6990. I just hope there isn't a big performance diff between the 580 and the 6990 as we have no banches on the 6990 as off yet.

6. azza21

azza21 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What i couldn't get my head around Stevie was the fact the 6990m (£480) was cheaper than the 6970m (£490)...It best not be slower i won't be happy :D

7. Aikimox

Aikimox Weihenstephaner!

Reputations:
    Great news! Now all we need to know is the clocks :)

8. steviejones133

Reputations:
    I will see if i can find 'em out......

9. steviejones133

Reputations:
    Hahaha - I wouldnt worry mate - they are gonna be faster.....I am wondering what I can do about my system....had it almost a month now with 6970's......grrrrrrrrr....."gimme ma 6990's, Dell :mad:

10. daveh98

daveh98 P4P King

Reputations:
    You can sell the 6970s and get the 6990s when available. I wouldn't worry though. You are looking at 5-10% difference in gaming and that won't make much impact at all with any games coming out anytime soon. Upgrading will be way too expensive and not worth marginal increases. Unless you are tyring to figure out a way to send your system back but I am against that but that is only my value. I mean that is a price someone pays for technology.

Some people may wait for the 6990s but you have had the pleasure of gaming on the most powerful rig for the past 30 days...surely that has some price/value in and of itself. Just enjoy your system!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.