GTX 1070 on HP EliteBook 8770W DC - it works!

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by mirage_bg, Oct 31, 2019.

1. hokuto

hokuto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Let me know how you can make working , maybe with some video or screen shot sir, thank you

2. RogueLizard

RogueLizard Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Read the rest of the thread instead of just commenting at the end, there are posts in the thread that tell you exactly what you need to do.

3. RogueLizard

Reputations:
    You need to put the GPU back in, silly. The laptop does not work without the GPU. Either yours isn't inserted all the way or is broken.

4. hokuto

Reputations:
    My main problem now it is to to replace my bios chip, that I have already ordered original one, so my ex bios (lol) were able to recognize the card, but not the os, so the problem is not the card absolutely, this why I try to modify the file that can match the system. Anyway I still waiting my bios chips, now I a m using a zbook 15, :)

The card I bought it is new, never used.

It's also true that my old hard disk was set on legal system so next time I will try to set on uefi and then try to install again. This is not so familiar and easy.

My 8770w really is a 8760w, I just replaced the motherboard to get the 3rd generation i7.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  5. walks

walks Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nice score on the cards! where did you get the deal on the p4000?

6. RogueLizard

Reputations:
    ebay

some guy is selling them for ~$300US each after taxes and shipping. He's got a lot of em too.

7. hokuto

Reputations:
    Hi, it's me again, so I am still waiting the bios replacement, and in the middle time I found a big offer for a dell m6700, so it was too good and bought it.

Now I have the same problem , should I disactivate the sicure signature to install the driver, how it works, ? when I disactivate the signature and installation I can riactivate the signature ? thanks

My dell gpu m3000m was new.

Ops

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  8. mirage_bg

mirage_bg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, you must disable driver signature enforcement and then install the driver. After reboot it will be auto enabled again.

hokuto likes this.
  9. hokuto

Reputations:
    Thank you for you assistant , by the way now I have both age computer Hp 8770w (zbook 17g2 same type) and dell m6700

So Hp 8770w it's much better "built", much easier to disassambly 30% better, you just remove screw from back and you disassabled most of laptop like 8/12 screws.

But Dell m6700 altough has a bad assistant etc... HAS TWO fans, so it looks like more moderne than hp 8770w altough fans are smaller obviousily.

Now I will resell my zbook 15, and repair hp 8770w as second laptop emergency.

cheers

10. hokuto

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]