1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

GTA IV, SLI support released.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by SemiGamer, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnksss

johnksss Over Clock Master

Reputations:
    before kiling the driver god...LOL
    it's because the powermizer options are disabled in the desktop version. and maybe something else.
    i use to love it with out, but not anymore..i always make sure the powermizer options are inserted into my inf file.

yeah, me too. we did kill a few people in cod4 though.

that constant haze fog or what ever it is over the whole city. including while your just walking out of your apartment and taking in the city from under neath the train tracks....is wack. sorry, but it just is.

i love the game, but it's a few things they could or should have improved over the ps3/xbox. the main reason why people wanted to play on pc. higher end graphics...but looks like we will be waiting about a month for that.

2. spradhan01

spradhan01 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I would love to be in jungle with a thompson rather than stuck in a city.

3. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:

Lol im not supporting it im just trying to prove a point to people thats its not some graphical error or whatever that thats part of the game

4. johnksss

Reputations:
    ROTFL! understood. because i was like tring to change every dammn setting in the game to get rid of that i got the ps3 up now looking at it. and the vehicle detail was low. looking like a 3 to a 6 if you ask me. :D

5. johnksss

Reputations:
    that driver is a trick. i already had sli enabled, but it kept crashing at high resolutions.. seems to work in super low res mod.

6. johnksss

Reputations:
    that first patch aint even the one every body is waiting for...it's to allow more controllers and some other nonsense. nothing to do with rendering them textures and other key points they really need to work on. (read this somewhere. not my words)

7. SemiGamer

SemiGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Dox released his optimized version of the re-release, moments ago.

8. brainer

brainer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    guys, after playing the game a lil bit more, it doesnt look half bad, the reason while the screens look crap is that they are scaled down, i'm playing @ 1440x900 SLiders at max render Quality on high and textures on mid, and getting in the range on 20's with a Single 7950GTX, and the game is barley Jagged on Native res.. but still i need some SLI support

9. Magnus72

Magnus72 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Johnksss I have around 20-30 fps at 1680x1050 however the game does not feel smooth at all. If I had a faster CPU the game would run much better.

brainer add this to a txt file and name it commandline.txt and place it it in GTA IV folder where the exe files are.

-availablevidmem 1024 of course you have to add -norestrictions too.

Now voila you can run with textures on High without any abnormalies :)

Actually my GTA IV on my desktop looks awesome, much better than my Xbox 360 version. I have around 30+ fps when driving around in the night, there are these occasional dips rarely which feels like memory leaks since they can happen even if there is not much traffic at that spot at that time.

Sometimes I have all the way up to 50+ fps outside. But during daytime usually 40+ driving around :)

hmm there seems to be more commands I would like to see what I could do if the game is tweakable.

10. brainer

brainer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    so Magnus.. by bypassing the 512mb limit of my card, i should be a much decreased performance right?