GT73VR 7RF now not waking from sleep after recent Sept/Nov 2019 MS updates

Discussion in 'MSI' started by dma550, Nov 4, 2019.

1. dma550

dma550 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey all

I had enjoyed a year+ of my GT73VR 7RF behaving nicely and being a reliable good sleeper (s3). I came upon my machine to see some MS updates forced on me, and having it rebooted while it was running a long process. Bummer on the process, but now sleep mode is not working properly. It sleeps fine - powercfg states S3 is available. I choose sleep and the GT73 seems to sleep as before, but when I wake, it reverts to a full reboot. I have hibernate off. I don't want to go and remove "valuable" MS patches but wanted to see if anyone had this problem with the Sept/November creators update.

Some remedies I tried - reset power modes, update bios to the latest E17A1IMS.325 (2018/03/12)

2. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
  3. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What about graphics driver? Have you tried updating it? Please also perform Windows Updates afterwards if problem persists.

4. dma550

dma550 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey, forgot to update this thread. I used driver easy freeware and saw I had about 10 drivers out of spec. I updated 2 at a time and its now working as expected, S3 sleep as before. Unfortunately I can't tell you which one did the trick after about 20 reboots but it has been reliably sleeping with no hiberfile since.