GT72/GT72S and GT80/GT80S Owners GPU Upgrade Discussion

Discussion in 'MSI' started by hmscott, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Heidern

Heidern Notebook Geek

Reputations:

for me is science fiction, but I also try to save money to see if I can too. My problem is that I do not know what to do with my GT80S, realizing that is not the notebook I had in mind and I wanted. I will never sell it to help me in the purchase of this amazing Acer.

OnlySLI likes this.
  2. OnlySLI

OnlySLI Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That looks....AMAZING!
    After this Fiasco and the Upgrade Premium out the door, this laptop is worth 1800 if you are lucky, becuase think about it really

980SLI= $800

BGA Soldered CPU= Nothing

16GB DDR4 2400= $80

Mechanical Keyboard = $80

Note Book Portability and Power= $840

The real Selling Forte of this laptop was Upgrade Ability ($3000 Plus!)

Without it I would have never bought it. MSI better give a darn good trade in.

Heidern likes this.
  3. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    its not worth only 1800 lol, ive had plenty of offers for high 2000's ( 2600-2800 ). I am confident ill sell mine for 3000.

4. marios50

marios50 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    if you got an offer of 2800, I'd take it to be honest... for 3k people can almost get a new gen laptop....

5. CARL JONES

CARL JONES Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm selling my 970m for $1700 if that:(

6. marios50

marios50 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When selling something unfortunately we cant rely on how much we paid and try to make our money back... we have to take into consideration that people will prefer to buy a newer generation item since they are shelling out good cash. Whoever sells one of these laptops must either sell it to somone not fully aware of the laptop scene or be ready for a hefty loss. Especially when talking about sums above 2000$. Like really who would give 2 grand for old hardware.. Im also speaking about myself, unfortunately we are all in the same boat.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Well then you'd better take that offer, before the fool realizes an SLI 1070 gt83 is a way better deal. It's probably too late though.

You're dreaming if you expect $3k.

hmscott likes this.
  8. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    if that's the case then I'm going to rely on this trade in, I have no other choice. I have 0 confidence that MSI will cook up something amazing for us also. This all sucks, ill never invest in something like this again. Paid a nice premium to have drop in parts; was planning on keeping this thing for 3 years with upgrades.

zziplex, hmscott and Heidern like this.
  9. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i trade commodities to make a living. believe me when i say that any computer you buy is a bad investment (unless you are buying a value computer to support your education, in which case its simply an educational expense, like textbooks) . worst investments you can make in usa, are computer or buying a new car.
    you want to make a good investment, buy some SPY calls instead. you'll then be able to take SOME of the profits in a few months and use them to buy that computer you wanted, and you will still have profits left over....

AirTortoise likes this.
  10. AirTortoise

AirTortoise Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ouch... :(

I was trying to sell my SLI 980m GT80 locally for $1500, and that's with 2TB of SSDs in the m.2 slots included and I got no takers. Lot's of sub $1k offers.

I think I'm going to have to go with whatever this trade-in program gives me.

hmscott and Heidern like this.