GT72/GT72S and GT80/GT80S Owners GPU Upgrade Discussion

Discussion in 'MSI' started by hmscott, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Neo79

Neo79 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Its mostly the shop owner that loses out, monies come straight from their bank account.
    Still I woudnt send any unencrypted card detailsvia email,I guess you coulduse pgp or do it the old fashioned way, over the phone. Its what people used to do, before the internet.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    hmscott and MiSJAH like this.
  2. Delme_21

Delme_21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah I've already had to go through this a few times due to data breeches and when you're finances are all tied to paying off all your bills with it instead of just paying with a check, it really becomes a huge hassle when you're updating every single account and even more infuriating when when you've found out you've missed one. At any rate, I was just wondering if anyone had gone through the same type of thing, I guess not so snail mail it is.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Neo79

Neo79 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    well in my letter they want a direct bank transfer, wire the monies straight to MSI in amsterdam, I guess its safe an easy.
    Iwoudnt normaly wire money, but its MSI,not asif they are some darknet scammer.

hmscott likes this.
  4. cisco kidd

cisco kidd Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am a little choked I have had no reply back from MSI since responding to their email Dec 12. I am waiting to hear back on trade up for my MSI GT72 2QE 1666

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.
  5. cdmcfud

cdmcfud Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    [So I've been working with a MSI representative to do this trade in program but I'm having issues with their fax number where it's been non-stop busy/non-responsive. Has anyone gotten their fax number included with the CC authorization form to work or was given another number to use? The representative I'm working with wants me to email it as a pdf but there's no way in heck I'm going to send it over in a non-encrypted email.[/QUOTE]

My wife had to print it, fill it out, scan it and, send and e-mail with it attached.
    It worked because it has been added to my credit card.
    Although it's on my credit card I have not received any reply from MSI after that. The only reason I know it's on my credit card is I called to see if there was a charge on it.

hmscott likes this.
  6. Kiwiland7r

Kiwiland7r Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    BREAKTHROUGH for Australian customers. After 3 months of waiting, I finally get this email:

Happy Holiday. Thanks for your inquiry.
    The Trade-in program in offering now in AU and the deadline of the inquiry will be on 31st Jan.

We will have a discount amount based on the value of your on-hand machine then you will be able to use that discount on the new GTX 10 series GT model you choose.

The value of your laptop will be determined by the SRP at the price you purchase and the age of your notebook. You will be able to use this to trade up to selected MSI Notebooks featuring Nvidia GTX 1070 / GTX 1080.

According to the data you provided to us, your discount amount will be AUD 3,709 based on two evaluations as follows:

1. The original buy price of your on-hand machine MSI GT72S 6QF is AUD 5,299

2. Your invoice date is 2016/4/1; we can accept the machine as long as it’s within two years warranty.

You will be able to use the discount for new GTX 10xx series GT series models. Here is the model list you can choose, but please be noted that the stocks are moving every day,

some models might be out of stocks time by time.

GPU

SPEC

Name

P/N

SRP

SLI GTX 1080, 8GB GDDR5X

IPS/ i7-6920HQ/ 64GB/ SR-512+1TB

GT83VR 6RF Titan SLI -050AU

9S7-181512-072

£ 3,799.00

SLI GTX 1070, 8GB GDDR5

4K/ i7-6820HK/ 32GB/ SR-512+1TB

GT73VR 6RE(Titan SLI 4K)-078AU

9S7-181512-013

£ 3,099.00

GTX 1080, 8GB GDDR5X

IPS/ i7-6820HK/ 32GB/ SR-512+1TB

GT73VR 6RF(Titan Pro)-025AU

9S7-17A111-064

£ 3,099.00

GTX 1070, 8GB GDDR5

IPS/ i7-6820HK/16GB/SR-256+1TB

GT73VR 6RE(Titan)-023AU

9S7-178511-040

£ 2,099.00

GTX 1070, 8GB GDDR5

IPS/ i7 /16GB/SR-256+1TB

GT72VR 6RE(Dominator Pro)-259AU

9S7-178511-249

£ 1,999.00

GTX 1070, 8GB GDDR5

IPS/ i7/ 8GB/ 256+1TB

GT62VR 6RE(Dominator Pro)-003AU

9S7-178511-233

£ 1,999.00

Please read our Terms and Conditions here:

1) This offer is valid ONLY for AU models. Please make sure the model number of your laptop ends with ”AU” Example ” GT83VR 6RF Titan SLI -050AU”

2) The MSI notebook warranty is NOT transferrable. Only the original owner of the laptop will be able to participate in the trade-in program. The laptop will have to be within its two years warranty.

3) Acceptable forms of payment are the bank transfer.

4) We accept no responsibility for loss of data and advise you back up any important files before participating.

5) Once your trade-in is received by us, please allow up to 14 working days for inspection to ensure all OEM parts are present from receiving the unit and that the unit is in satisfactory condition (no physical damage to parts or laptop). PS: Due to the upcoming Xmas holidays in AU, the timeframe you receive the new model would be after 1st Jan. 2017.

6) Please remember to include all of the laptop OEM parts, including but not limited to SSD, RAM, HDD, cables, power supply, etc. Any missing parts will be subject to a full retail price charge. Any OEM defects will not be subject to a charge due to warranty coverage.

7) Once the inspection has been completed, we will inform you of the final upgrade price so that you may decide to participate in or withdraw from the trade-in program.

8) MSI are responsible for collecting the trade-in unit & shipping to our support centre. Please make sure the unit adequately packaged for transit. MSI will not accept responsibility for units that arrive damaged due to insufficient packaging. MSI will be responsible for paying for the shipping the new unit to you.

9) Once you accept the offer of the upgrade program, you will have 2 weeks to arrange the collection. After this period, the offer will no longer be valid.

10) No alternative or cash will be offered. All MSI offers are final.

11) No further trade in program will be offered at a later date.

We will send you the official agreement to sign then start the following steps once you choose the new model and agreed statements above.

Have a great day. Happy New Year.

MSI AU Services team

Is this in keeping with everyone else?

RandomID and hmscott like this.
  7. cisco kidd

cisco kidd Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How can I press the MSI USA to get an answer/reply?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

8. RandomID

RandomID Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    A breakthrough indeed! That's good news for Australia. And that means that other MSI offices around the world should be able to arrange something like this as well. The only thing that is still ridiculuos is the time frame. I mean 1 month and the rest will be left behind?
    I also don't really understand this line: "The laptop will have to be within its two years warranty". It works for laptops with 900 series, I guess, as they were released a bit later... but what about those with 800 series?

tiliarou likes this.
  9. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Why are the Pascal replacement prices listed in £'s sterling?

10. Kiwiland7r

Kiwiland7r Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Very good question. That was my exact question on the reply email.

MiSJAH likes this.