GT72/GT72S and GT80/GT80S Owners GPU Upgrade Discussion

Discussion in 'MSI' started by hmscott, Aug 22, 2016.

1. spurst

spurst Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What machine did you have prior? Do you know the 3 digit model number code? example: mine is a SLI-001

hmscott likes this.
  2. Neo79

Neo79 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The email adress is : MSI UK Notebook (uknotebook@msi.com) and the error is :

Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept email from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery.

My offer is below, Im just a little bit confused, do I contact them to bring it forward or wait for them to send me a letter which I send off.

This all has to be done by the end of the year, well I just sent an email to uksupport@msi.com.

[​IMG]

hmscott likes this.
  3. unpilot

unpilot Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well I always have bought a few tiers down with gaming stuff.
    When this offer came around I decided to go with the slightly better machine.

I know I could open up the "lesser" one and upgrade at a lower overall cost but decided to buy it allready specked out.

As you have stated many times on this thread we all have to decide what we want to do as individual's.

I will report back once I get the laptop if I feel it is a good deal...for me.

hmscott likes this.
  4. spurst

spurst Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is this yours?
    GT72S Dominator Pro 4k-059
    https://us.msi.com/Laptop/GT72S-Dominator-Pro-4K-6th-Gen-GTX-980.html#hero-specification&sku_no=1512

hmscott likes this.
  5. unpilot

Reputations:
    I believe this is what your asking...model number was: 9S7-178311-059; GT72S

hmscott likes this.
  6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Ahh, you are in the UK, sorry then the address I put in the other post won't help, it's for the MSI USA Trade-in Team :)

It looks like you've got the right address (from the 1st post):

Update 11/21/16 - Trade-in contact email for UK Customers -uknotebook@msi.com

So it's likely a mail server problem at their end. :(

It's the weekend, and sometimes things break over the weekend when people aren't on duty to see the alarm's and fix the problem.

Maybe wait till Monday late morning (let'em have their tea / coffee first ), or in the afternoon, and try again once they fix the mail server issue.

I wouldn't have sent it to uksupport, as if the UK Trade-in Team is anything like the MSI USA Trade-in Team, they are an independent group apart from normal support.

Please let us know when it works itself out and the email address works again, I am sure the other UK folk would want to know :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  7. Neo79

Reputations:
    So I get £2209 of my next laptop, I`m thinking GTX 1080, 8GB GDDR5X 120HZ/i7-6820HK/ 16GB/ 256+1TB GT73VR 6RF(Titan Pro)-220UK 9S7-17A111-220 £ 2,499.00
    is the best offer. I could pay £500 for a straight upgrade. Dont really need 32GB, so all I will lose it somessd space.

Thanks for your inquiry.

The Trade-in program in offering now in UK and the deadline of the inquiry will be on 31st Dec.

Basically we will have a discount amount based on the value of your on-hand machine then you will be able to use that discount on the new GTX 10 series GT model you choose.

The value of your laptop will be determined by the SRP at launch and the age of your notebook. You will be able to use this to trade up to selected MSI Notebooks featuring Nvidia GTX 1060 / GTX 1070 / GTX 1080.

According to the data you provided to us, your discount amount will be £2209 based on 2 evaluations as follows:

1. The original launch price of your on-hand machine GT72S 6QF(DominatorProGDragon)-094UK is £2599

2. Your invoice date is 21/05/2016, we can accept the machine as long as it’s within 2years warranty.

You will be able to use discount for new GTX 10xx series GT series models. Here is the model list you can choose, but please be noted that the stocks are moving every day,

some models might be out of stocks time by time.

Please read our Terms and Conditions here:

1) This offer is valid ONLY for UK models. Please make sure the model number of your laptop ends with ”UK” Example ” GS60 6QE(Ghost Pro)-093UK”

2) The MSI notebook warranty is NOT transferrable. Only the original owner of the laptop will be able to participate in the trade-in program. The laptop will have to be within its 2 years warranty.

3) Acceptable forms of payment are bank transfer.

4) We accept no responsibility for loss of data and advise you back up any important files before participating.

Once your trade-in is received by us, please allow up to 14 working days for inspection to ensure all OEM parts are present from receiving the unit and that the unit is in satisfactory condition (no physical damage to parts or laptop). PS: Due to the upcoming Xmas holidays in UK, the timeframe you receive the new model would be after 1st Jan. 2017.

5) Please remember to include all of the laptop OEM parts, including but not limited to SSD, RAM, HDD, cables, power supply etc. Any missing parts will be subject to a full retail price charge. Any OEM defects will not be subject to a charge due to warranty coverage.

6) Once inspection has been completed, we will inform you of the final upgrade price so that you may decide to participate in or withdraw from the trade-in program.

7) MSI are responsible for collecting the trade-in unit & shipping to our support centre. Please make sure the unit adequately packaged for transit. MSI will not accept responsibility for units that arrive damaged due to insufficient packaging. MSI will be responsible to pay for the shipping the new unit to you.

8) Once you accept the offer of the upgrade program, you will have 2 weeks to arrange the collection. After this period, the offer will no longer be valid.

9) No alternative or cash will be offered. All MSI offers are final.

10) No further trade in program will be offered at a later date.

We will send you the official agreement to sign then start the following steps once you choose the new model and agreed statements above.

Thanks you for your patience.

Have a nice day

MSI UK Notebook

hmscott and MiSJAH like this.
  8. unpilot

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  10. Neo79

Reputations:
    Ok thanks, Ill try again monday, I only got the email friday and couldnt send anything all weekend.
    Il reply back soon, for me the offers not that bad.

hmscott likes this.