GT72/GT72S and GT80/GT80S Owners GPU Upgrade Discussion

Discussion in 'MSI' started by hmscott, Aug 22, 2016.

1. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    depends if there is a waiver to sign when executing the trade in. there is probably something to sign...question is will it contain "by agreeing to these terms i agree not to take legal action against msi..etc..etc" ..we wont know until someone actually goes thru with the trade in....
    even if we dont take the existing deal or some tweak of it, the lawsuit will end up nowhere if they end up releasing the 1070 as a kit in the next 6 months, which @MiSJAH was saying is a possibility

2. Aethyssus

Aethyssus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well you can lose a bit. For example, you could end up having to pay court costs and attorney's fees for MSI if you lose (that's at least fairly likely to happen if you lose). Also, if the courts find that your claim isn't as strong as you think it is, MSI could actually rescind their offer and change it to be much more expensive to trade. MSI would likely not allow you to trade in the laptop while involved in the lawsuit anyways. So while agree that the risks are on the low side, I wouldn't say they are nonexistent. Once again, I'm not against anyone putting forth a lawsuit; its a great idea. I do have a decent knowledge of law (political science degree, pre-law, and I study law as a hobby), and I don't want people getting the wrong impression from the whole procedure. Best of luck to all of you though!

mason2smart and DILLIGAFF like this.
  3. CARL JONES

CARL JONES Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What's wrong if we let a lawyer ask questions like the ones you all are asking?
    They can tell US anything they want only a lawyer can call BS. An only a lawyer can interpret trade laws and hold companies to it. That's why I started this, I make it a point to talk with professionals when dealing with money and wish I would have done that before buying in the first place and found out the chances they could keep their promise because one reviewer said "its not going to happen" some English gentleman on a review site. And he was right.

MiSJAH likes this.
  4. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    make sure your lawyer understands computers and components and values and upgrades. my parents don't (they think an xps 15 or a razer is comparable to a gt80)

hmscott and MiSJAH like this.
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The cost of that way overpriced Razer was $3500, which is just about the same as the GT80. IDK about the XPS 15 you had, but it could be configured to be priced over $3k.

From the cost factor alone, they are identical :)

mason2smart and MiSJAH like this.
  6. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    lol they want to get me the xps 15 for college and i dont want it lol. crappy dell machine with optimus :(

7. sasuke256

sasuke256 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey guys : see that joke
    GT73 VR - Win10 Skylake i7-6700HQ GTX 1070, 8GB GDDR5 DDR IV 8GB*2 256GB NVMe SSD +1TB (SATA) 7200rpm
    17.3" FHD, Anti-Glare (1920*1080) eDP 120Hz Vivid Color 94% (I) : 1700-1900€

GT72 VR - (Win10/ Skylake i7-6700HQ/ GTX 1060, 6GB GDDR5/ DDR IV 8GB*2/ 128GB SSD (M.2 SATA) +1TB (SATA) 7200rpm/ 17.3" FHD, Anti-Glare (1920*1080) eDP IPS-Level) : 1100-1300€

Man ? MSI go to hell :)

MiSJAH and hmscott like this.
  8. liox

liox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. SAiLO

SAiLO Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Do what I did. Sell and then you have a choice of going with MSI, Clevo, Alienware, Asus, Eurocom... Whatever you want.

10. sasuke256

sasuke256 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeap, as soon as i get back to my homeland :D

SAiLO and MiSJAH like this.