GT72/GT72S and GT80/GT80S Owners GPU Upgrade Discussion

Discussion in 'MSI' started by hmscott, Aug 22, 2016.

1. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    At least we have MSI's prices for their MXM Pascal cards as they kindly provided them.

• GTX 1070 $700
    • GTX 1080 $1000
    • GTX 1070 SLI $1400
    • GTX 1080 SLI $2000
    These prices must be accurate as they are direct from MSI and to quote "Each upgrade cost is the same as if you were to only upgrade the GPU".

So we can now ignore rjtech's pricing for GTX 1070 & GTX 1080 and use MSI's own pricing.

I think this makes things much more interesting. :)

hmscott likes this.
  2. CARL JONES

CARL JONES Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    lawcarlgt80s@gmail.com

MiSJAH likes this.
  3. CARL JONES

Reputations:
    Funny I think that's about what we will be sueing for X 2 upgrades hummm...

hmscott, mason2smart and MiSJAH like this.
  4. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    should only be $1k to go to dual 1080 from 980m sli... and like $500 to $700 to go to 1070 sli

5. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This. They keep our existing cards they reduce the cost of the new card accordingly.

mason2smart likes this.
  6. Aethyssus

Aethyssus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just wanted to reiterate that you probably won't get anywhere near that, and certainly not within a reasonable time. Think about the otherOS lawsuit that Sony dealt with. The lawsuit claimed that by removing the feature, Sony had invalidated its own marketing and committed false advertising, and owners deserved their money back since they couldn't use the product as described. The lawsuit was filed in 2010. A settlement deal was just announced. It took six years to get to a point where some people get back $55, and some others can get back $19, and this suit hadn't even gone through a trial yet. For those of you considering, you have a decent chance of winning and a better chance of getting what you want on your own than you would doing this as a class action. Even if you win, you'll probably only get a few hundred bucks back. Most states don't equate potential savings lost as damages.

7. spurst

spurst Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    We can also leave the class at any time. Why wouldn't you want to look at all of your options?

8. CARL JONES

Reputations:
    I will say he does have a point about doing This lawsuit in Small clames court but me personally I have nothing but time my lawyers are going to take care of everything so I'll just wait and maybe I will do the upgrade maybe not I still have a laptop I can wait and let's not forget the bad press gamers are serious about their machines. And I'll reiterate this again it's better than sitting there and doing nothing but complaining on this stupid forum, at least I'm trying something instead o shooting down people's ideas and crying like a bunch of b@tches. IMO

mason2smart likes this.
  9. Aethyssus

Aethyssus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm totally for a lawsuit. I think it can be won without much trouble. I just don't want people going in thinking this is a slam dunk case where they are getting exactly what they want. You'll probably win, but you may not get as much as you want. MSI may not want to fight a bunch of small claims, but one class action is easier to deal with. I'm putting together my own case to try and leverage a better deal myself.

mason2smart likes this.
  10. CARL JONES

Reputations:
    Every one here knows that we may get mext to nothing but what do we have to loose? Nothing...we can take the trade in hopefully later we will find that out later through the lawyers. Hell we may get nothing, it may get thrown out. There are a lot of maybe's but what's for sure is if we do nothing we will get NOTHING but what they give us.
    lawcarlgt80s@gmail.com

MiSJAH and mason2smart like this.