GT72/GT72S and GT80/GT80S Owners GPU Upgrade Discussion

Discussion in 'MSI' started by hmscott, Aug 22, 2016.

1. invertedsilence

invertedsilence Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    upload_2016-10-16_23-23-27.png
    this seems uh, very contradicting with what they've been doing. But it certainly doesn't seem impossible.
    Original post link: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30107189&postcount=83

One more question, there are multiple trade-in programs in Europe that are only briefly mentioned on some forums. I feel like it's ridiculous that info about these is so hard to find. Does anyone here know the forms and dates and procedures for upgrades in all of Europe? I'm mainly interested in those offers in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands (if those exist). It would be great if OP could add this info to the first post, instead of only having info about US trade ins. Thank you!

MiSJAH likes this.
  2. infex

infex Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I like this offer very much. =)
    with this offer I can wait a month for it to come. I will pay for shipping back to me as well..
    somebody pinch me....

3. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's my post on OcUK forums. I spoke with Neil and Arjang. Both advised that an MXM 1070 will be made available after discussion with head office and R and D. I'm hesitant to say I no longer believe this.

As it never happened everything is conjecture, I'm basing my view on their recent business practice as there is nothing else to work with, what are you basing your conjecture upon?

Prototime and invertedsilence like this.
  4. spurst

spurst Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi Dilligaff, I'm honestly not sure who's side you are on because much of what you type is contradicting. Is English your primary language? Are you a US Based customer or in an area that qualifies for the upgrade?

5. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Back when the video of 'how to MXM upgrade' was still on MSI's site, and before they added 'not for end users to make upgrade by their own'.

RandomID, hmscott and invertedsilence like this.
  6. invertedsilence

invertedsilence Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    *victory dance*
    Thanks for confirming this again! I almost couldn't believe it at first. Made my day for sure.

hmscott, mason2smart and MiSJAH like this.
  7. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:

hmscott likes this.
  8. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @infex Please read the post you quoted. :)

hmscott likes this.
  9. CARL JONES

CARL JONES Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Had the pricing been like this maybe I would have been able to be talked out of the class action provided we could do something similar when the 11xx came out. I would even go for the 1080SLI option which is what I was thinking when I chose to buy. However I still think forgive the second generation upgrade for even trade. Why does no one address the second round of promised upgrades in your thinking? We WILL be able to prove MSI promised 2 upgrades. I showed the advertisement that was deleted off the MSI website to the lawyer with the you tube stuff, they say that's enough to prove intent. Especialy because they took it off. Join me at lawcarlgt80s@gmail.com

hmscott and mason2smart like this.
  10. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Show us the advertisement from the MSI website that said 2 gens upgrades Carl. Does it mention from which generation the upgrades were from, ie. 8th gen, 9th gen?