GT703GI i7 vs MSI GT75 i7

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Daniel_D, Nov 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Daniel_D

Daniel_D Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

I am going to buy my first gaming laptop and I would love to have additional help from you, people.

I found a similar topic here but it was not clear for me what would be better in this case.

Is the 120hz TN better than the 144hz IPS from ASUS?
    I know that GT75 looks 'old' comparing to the aluminium ASUS, but it is not an issue, could it be?
    I like to play a lot but I don't really mind about overclock, is it a really good feature? I have heard that the GT75 would be a better option for it.

G703GI spec option:
    • Procesor:Intel Core i7-8750H
    • RAM:32 GB
    • Disk SSD M.2 PCIe:512 GB
    • Disk HDD SATA 5400 obr.:1000 GB
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

GT75 spec option:
    • Procesor:Intel Core i7-8750H
    • RAM:32 GB
    • Disk SSD M.2 PCIe:256 GB
    • Disk HDD SATA 7200 obr.:1000 GB
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    They are both full hd version.

I would like to know about what you think, if both are safe, etc.. I wouldn't like to have issues with fried motherboard, etc.. haha

Thank you

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  2. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hi,

Are you sure the GT75 comes with the 8750H? I only have the 8850H version in my database.
    Anyway, here is a comparison between the two models you have mentioned: Asus G703GI vs MSI GT75.

On paper, the MSI is better than the Asus mostly because it has better processor cooling and a better audio system. However, the differences between them are marginal, it's not like one of them is significantly better than the other. So whichever you like best, go with it.

For the Asus, you should also consider the Owner lounge here on the forum: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/asus-g703gi-x74-owners-lounge.816974

Whatever you buy, consider buying from a reseller such as HidEvolution or XoticPC since they offer much better after-sales customer support.

3. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I agree you're not likely to miss one if you buy the other. Both notebooks are going to give you a great gaming experience.

I'm partial to the excellent mechanical keyboard feel on the GT75, and its display looks outstanding. I wouldn't worry too much about 120Hz vs. 144Hz. The refresh rate difference alone won't equate to a visual difference.

Charles