This is copied over from MSI's Forum, Link So as the subject has mentioned, My notebook's GTX 780m GPU is undetectable. This went down 5 months ago, I remember my notebook sitting turned on, idling on the windows desktop next to me as I was doing work on another computer. Out of no where the light on the power button switched to its amber state and the fan kicked to full blast... strange... The Issue: -GPU cease to function, drivers refuse to install -Windows Device manager displays an Unknown Device labeled "PCI Device" -Fan running at full speed, worried about damaging the fan if I use the notebook for extensive amount of time. What I've tried: -BIOS update -Updated the Firmware -Updated Chipset Drivers -downloading latest drivers, Installer failed to detect suitable hardware? -swapped HDD with another windows partition. -Removed GPU, nope. Clean the pins and Reinsert/Repaste card, still nothing. What I havent tried: -swap with another GPU (where the heck am I supposed to get one with out risking $$$) -Flash vBIOS -Contact MSI Support for RMA (I'll explain why) I am at a loss, figured the darn thing just decided it was it's time. so i set the thing aside for later investigation, and until I am able to afford repairs. there are two things to the issue... I been procrastinating contacting MSI over anxiety. The Device, although under and covered via warranty, it is however void. a year before all this went down, I had neglectfully dropped the notebook onto a hardwood floor. the audio board on the Right hand side and its 3.5mm jack had busted. I later purchased a replacement off of Ebay and repaired the issue myself. That required the full extraction of the Motherboard. So, I voided the Warrenty, RMA may or maynot be an acceptable option. Another thing to mention, before and more after the issue arose. I had snooped around on other forums about upgrading the GPU from a 780m to a GTX 970m. Im thinking, "If the issue lies within the GPU, then why not swap it to something new?" Would anyone suggest this be a viable alternative? Im a bit worried about purchasing one, installing/flashing the bios, and fiding out that the stock 780m was fine all along and the issue was the main board all along. I dont know, so I'd like to here your thoughts on that. TL;DR Laptop graphics card not working, anxiety is leaving unsure on what to do. Should I call up MSI and fork over my laptop and a repair bill, or attempt to upgrade to a 970m? Any thoughts/opinions are appreciated. Thanks!