GT60 2OC gtx 1060 upgrade problems !!

Discussion in 'MSI' started by panamaniacs2011, Mar 17, 2018.

1. PenyKuleczka

PenyKuleczka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you also have a problem with sound over HDMI? Or does it work normally for you?
    This must be an active mDP adapter if you want it to work with gt70 / gt60

So far, I have no other problems with the card, except for the above: P
    And I am very happy with the performance.

For common sense, I am more and more convinced that the mDP 1.2 has no chance to work with gtx 1060. Because the Pascal cards already support DP 1.4 ports. I conclude it after searching on the web.

How is it possible that you have generally installed the drivers by assigning the 1C60 vsync card as a 1C20 card without vsync? and only games that support vsync normally work? it's terribly confused ...
    As for me, something is wrong with your vbios .. it looks like the vbios was from the 1C20 card or something

I bought my card from china, and what I noticed was also modified
    I have a very unusual card id.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    From what I've heard about mod .inf, even the se number to which the card is assigned affects the correct operation of the driver.
    When I have some more time I will try to install drivers with the id line in different groups. Maybe it will help with sound through hdmi ....

2. PenyKuleczka

Reputations:
    I attach photos with my .inf mod lines and screen with gpu-z

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. PenyKuleczka

Reputations:
    mDP Works! for me also without sound; / but there is a picture! it all depends on nvidia driver! exactly from the section000 we will assign when modifying the nvmii.inf file!
    but from the beginning.
    I was able to solve this problem thanks to the fact that when I waited for a shipment from China, I started to learn about the steps of installing the card and reading the tutorial about mod .inf
    With curiosity I checked the id of my gtx 980m, I saved it just in case :) and that was the key!

It's the one by the way
    PCI \ VEN_10DE & DEV_13D7 & SUBSYS_11311462

and this is how nvmii.inf looks for the gtx980m card for msi gt70

in the [Manufacturer] group
    % NVIDIA_A% = NVIDIA_Devices, NTamd64.10.0, NTamd64.10.0 ... 14310

% NVIDIA_DEV.13D7.1131.1462% = Section098, PCI \ VEN_10DE & DEV_13D7 & SUBSYS_11311462

1131 is a way to write a laptop model (GT70?) According to the legend of the forum but in my case it's 0000 ?! I think I have unlocked the vbios and changed the id of the card to 0000
    by Chinese engineers :)

in the group [NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0]

% NVIDIA_DEV.13D7.1131.1462% = Section097, PCI \ VEN_10DE & DEV_13D7 & SUBSYS_113114

using the legend from the mod .inf forum page and browsing the contents of the .inf file, I noticed that the section record is the driver's instructions on the functions of the card. So I thought it might be worth trying to assign the section 097 (because it's my system group) since the gtx 980m worked without problems, maybe the gtx1060 too.

this is what the line in nvmii.inf looks like for me

% NVIDIA_DEV.1C60.0000.1462% = Section097, PCI \ VEN_10DE & DEV_1C60 & SUBSYS_00001462

I installed the drivers with the connected external screen via mDP and after installation the image appeared!

shortcut fn + f2 works for me only once when I switch from internal to external screen.... like win+p for you. but I have no problem with the shortcut win + p, I can switch as much as I want :)

But ... I still do not have sound by hdmi ..... but I do not give up!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IultYUf8ZiI/VfTkLA3JxFI/AAAAAAAAAgE/bVLnH0dWVjc/s1600/inf+mod+guide.png

http://null-bin.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/how-to-modify-nvidia-notebook-driver.html

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    panamaniacs2011 and long2905 like this.
  4. mg0706

mg0706 Newbie

Reputations:
    Ill try to do this changes this weekend and let yoy guys know how it goes. Thanks!!

5. panamaniacs2011

panamaniacs2011 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    so basically you replaced the gtx 980m entry with your the gtx 1060?

6. PenyKuleczka

Reputations:
    In a sense, yes and no. But the most important thing was to find the right section operating for gt70. Maybe there is a more compatible section than this one. For example, in which the sound works :)

But I still have not received an answer from you, do you also have a problem with sound over hdmi in your case?

7. panamaniacs2011

Reputations:
    Sorry !!

ill be posting the results by the afternoon , thanks for your info !!

8. panamaniacs2011

Reputations:
    hello and sry for the late reaponse i sold the machine but i was able to test hdmi connection and it worked perfectly. was unable to test the mini display port , sorry

9. mg0706

mg0706 Newbie

Reputations:
    I cant do what you did because in my case my device id is:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C60&SUBSYS_11FF1462

and there is no line on the original driver that has the 1C60 11FF and 1462 (following what the tutorial says about mod the driver) and the way that Svet modded my driver is different from the tutorial. Too bad, i do really want my eDP back to work :(

10. PenyKuleczka

Reputations:
    Thanks for the answer. If the hdmi worked perfectly, I understand that the sound also worked. In that case, I ran out of ideas which may be the cause of no sound. Time for a fresh installation of win10: /